Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Goodman blows, I dont care what the others say!
    I can confirm that Goodman does indeed blow.

My GSH14036 heat pump blows cold air in the summer, and heated air in the winter.

14 SEER, 12 EER, 9 HSPF, a full 36,000 btu cooling and 35,000 btu heating at 47F. 10 year parts warranty. Those are outstanding numbers.

Saved a nice chunk of change compared to a 14i.

Celebrated its one year anniversary in June.

Take care.

equipment is always as good as the installer/tech allows it to be.

Brand Basher?

I am not a brand basher. There is nothing wrong with Goodmans or most other brands as long as they are installed professionally. By professionally I mean manual J and D calculations being performed for the home. Find a good HVAC company in your area. Manual J is a load calculation based on many different factors in your home. Manual D is for the ductwork to make sure it is sized properly for the equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by calebj77 View Post
    Because they allow there products to be sold to novices. You as a consumer can order a Goodman online. Having the inexperienced install an HVAC system is a recipe for disaster. That simple.
    You can buy any brand online.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by calebj77 View Post
    Because they allow there products to be sold to novices. You as a consumer can order a Goodman online. Having the inexperienced install an HVAC system is a recipe for disaster. That simple.

You can get ANY make of equipment off the internet....not just Goodman
    I need a new signature.....

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    You can buy any brand online.
    Damn it

We know how you feel....you are the definition of a "basher"

It's all good though....everyone needs a hobby

just installed my 1st goodman sytem

put my 1st furnace coil condenser in the other day. one thing i can say is that they're way easier on the back.
    "The things you own end up owning you. "

Tyler Durden

Goodman was originally marketed under the namebrand Janitrol . Back then we referred to them a Jani-junks, and they really were poor quality systems. They have came a long way since then and as others have said, are quality units when installed and maintained properly.

Unfortunately for Goodman, the stigma still follows them (in my area at least) and while I service them regularly, I don't install them because of how they are percieved by the general public.

Oh really. What brand do you prefer. And does that brand come with a LIFETIME COMPRESSOR & LIFETIME HEAT EXCHANGER WARRANTY!

i've taken the factory tour in houston and i saw the feedback cards posted on a bulletin board on the factory floor. that impressed me. they show an interest in what the installers and end users say. evn the old junkitrol are still pluggin away,(those that were installed right).
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

They have a bad rep because they earned it.

Now they are digging themselves out of a hole. They are not the company they used to be.

Don't loose any sleep over putting in an Amana system. I installed an Amana Distinctions in my neighbor's house three weeks ago. It's a nice quiet system with a nice warranty. As long as you didn't go with a low ball fly by night company there is a good chance of long trouble free service. Of course you will want to have your equipment served yearly. Once in the fall and once in the spring.

I put in a Lennox system in my house a couple months ago. It's a nice quiet system bought from a quality industry inavator. The warranty is not as nice, but I don't for see any need to use it.

The difference between my choosing Lennox over Amana Distinctions came down to how I precieve Lennox and Goodman. It was a personal choice. A choice based on my field experiences. I sell both brands.

The difference between my neighbor choosing Amana Distinctions was purely economical and that I live next door.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

I think you may have opened another can of worms, mallard. This thread has the name "Goodman" in it.

I don't see a huge difference between Goodman/Amana products and other brands. Of course Trane has the spine-fin coil, which people either love or hate. Parts wise, they are all pretty similar. Some have more features than others. Amana is not a bad product in my opinion. Any brand can break. Installation is key. I'm sure I've pretty much repeated what everyone else has already said, but so be it.

I can confirm that Goodman does indeed blow.

My GSH14036 heat pump blows cold air in the summer, and heated air in the winter.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast