Lennox ML180 Noisy Blower Motor

I have a Lennox ML180. It was installed about 6 months ago. Ever since it was installed the blower motor has always been noisy and can be heard through all the vents in the house. The blower motor is loud and it sounds like a humming noise and is unpleasant to listen to when the heating or air condition comes on. The furnace has always sounded this way since it's been installed. I wonder if anything can be done to fix this. Most furnaces that I have heard have a blower motor that runs and you just hear the air moving, not an annoying hum. It almost sounds like a big hair dryer running through all the vents in the house. If anybody else has a Lennox ML180 let me know if you experience the same noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2Sb1FqF5t8

I am not sure if that system has a variable speed fan or not. If so you may need to have more return air.

The furnace does not have a variable speed blower. Before this furnace there was a 1985 Bryant furnace installed and the vents did not make any of this noise. I also tried changing filter to a less restrictive one and still get the same sound from the blower motor.

Recommend a service call. Have them check airflow using static pressure and a blower performance chart.

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary, or ask questions of the OP here.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by beenthere; 11-08-2013 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Non Pro * member

Evnj127, this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary or ask questions of the OP here.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Your post has been deleted.
    Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?