SuperPro copper glue?
Ok I get a call today from my local supply house. I got something you need, I say ok what ya got. I got this glue that all you have to do is put it on the copper and stick it together. no more soldering. I said ok I have to see this so i ran up there..
They gave me this stuff called HVAC SuperPro solderless copper and brass bonding. Holds up to 1200psi.
Any of you guys ever used or heard of this?
link - http://jackson-industries.com/JFCHome.htm
bottle instruction :
Use round or ridged copper only
sand fitting or pipe with 60 grit sand cloth
DO NOT WIPE OFF DUST????
apply thin bead all the way around fitting or pipe
insert pipe and twist (if u can't twist then rub ur finger over pipe to make sure glue is on all of fitting)
allow to set 5 mins
hold 850psi in 12 mins
IS this stuff safe? I mean I am supposed to leave the shavings on the fitting and stick it together and hope i don't get trash in my lines?
copper glue=more DIY
Originally Posted by marlboroman
The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
we need a few more sheep dogs to keep barking at the wolves,and the stupid sheep
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
I tried this stuff a wile back and I have to say it's crap. Just stick with your oxy-acetylene rig and you will never go wrong.
Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!
Havent seen it for hvac, however have seen and used a like product on water pipes. Broke a fitting off in the wall ,while looking for parts spoted epoxie for plumbing, gave it a try has lasted for 10 yrs.,
same crap as the copper lock thread a while back ....i would stay away from that
I used this product for a place i could not get a torch into it held my 300 psig pressure test and evacuated to 50 microns . I followed the instructions generusly cleaned the fittings glued the pipe and fitting inserted into each othor and turned 1/2 way. All was well droped the charge of 410-a waited a week for electrician to do his work , pannel upgrade line voltage etc. Went to start the system and it was bone dry no pressure, all the glued joints leaked, after an inspection and my investigation it is not for use with a methalatalyne a chemical not in 410-a but in its oil. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT it will fail. The company does not explian tjis to you first seems poor , i told the rep the pipe sizes 3/8. /7/8 and that i am using r-410a. Had to get a fire watch and braze ie like i wanted to in the begining.
Heard of it a while ago. Sounds like trash to me.
i saw a video on you tube about this. guy tested it out. not something i would trust with refrigerant. maybe a temperary emergency repair on a water line.
at least wait untill a proven track record can form.
How many perfectly round tight fitting joints do you get to see on a daily basis?
Roll off a little 7/8, slide a coupling on and see if it meets the criteria for the glue.
Even if it did, don't believe I would be caught using it.......
Used copper lock had leaks everywhere maybe on 1 joint but never as an alternative
Only thing I ever trusted to use it was a joint for a pressure relief line drop on a boiler... Lol seeing how it should never really ever see use
HVAC SuperPro failure
I recently installed a system using the HVAC SuperPro. I followed the instructions diligently. There were about 25 joints total Pressure tested the lines, etc. The system ran for a week then quit cooling (100+ deg. days). I checked and there were 3 joints with obvious leaks. Since I couldn't risk the R410a a second time, I dissassembled the whole system, cleaned the joints and used the old standby torch and solder. System is now working fine.
However, the warrenty is useless. To make a claim you have to cut out the joint and send it in for their inspection. Like I'm really going to do that when temperatures are 100+ and the homeowner just wants a cool house. So in spite of their claims of liability coverage I'm the one holding the bag on the lost R410a not to mention the labor to clean all the adhesive out of the joints.