Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I can not understand why every tech in this trade does not completely check ever system worked on.
    You will very quickly if the system is operating efficiently.

You check pressures and temps and find a Superheat at 2`F of 40`F
    Or a subcooling at 1`F or 30`F

Of a T.D. at 30` or 7`F

How long does that take to measure??
    You know at this point the system is not working at Max Efficiency.

At this point you start making money.

I feel it is a disservice to not get your customers system(s) at Max Efficiency

beenthere that is funny. I have tried to hire anyone that 2 arms and has general knowledge of construction but with no luck. I do have 1 saleswoman and she is doing not bad. My wife does checks and office duties, I have a accountant and 4 guys in field.

I'm Confused!

[QUOTE=anacdoctor;1947323]I can not understand why every tech in this trade does not completely check ever system worked on.
    You will very quickly if the system is operating efficiently.

I think you are confusing yourself, with efficiency and proper balancing A/C charge or at least I am getting confused. We always check SH/SC and air flow. But as far as system capacity and efficiency we don't.

I know that when I was running a small service department, time was a limiting factor. If there was a failed part causing the problem, it was fixed. Airflow was checked to make sure that the refrigerant charge readings were correct.

It's easy to feel the pressure of how many calls you have to get completed, and start skipping steps needed to confirm that the system is working properly. I know many techs are pushed to complete repairs and move on, rather than checking to see if there are other issues than the failed part.

During hot speels. There is a lot of pressure to get calls completed. And when a call back is received, the question becomes, why didn't you check everythiing.
    A service tech is often between a rock and a hard place.

Systems that are first time service calls should be checked better then just replacing a condenser fan motor.
    A system that you clean every year, doesn't need a full check, because a CFM went out.

Kind of have to learn the customers with the equipment. And know who gets annual cleanings, and who doesn't.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Beenthere am I missing something. I always check SH/SC and to reassure myself Iwb, Idb and Ldb get my temperature in range. So how would I get call back based on these checks. I do get some call backs not too many but it is usually do to temperature or failed part. I get more customers saying this has been in here for years and has never worked this good. I am not bragging A/C is not my strongest point. Come to think of it do I have any strong points.

I wasn't saying you get call backs in my other post.
    I was talking about techs under the gun in general.

But. Since you brought it up.
    When you have a call back. What was it that you missed, and why did you missed it.

Everybody has call backs.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234