model number question

Hi, im new to this site, and i'm 2years in this field(plus one year school) my question is that my company works with lennox and goodman, im working on replacing this condenser for my friend, now i can read lennox and goodman model numbers easy and determine what btu it is and how to covert it to tonage, but my friends condenser is a old carrier MOdel number 38GF003340, i can't figure out which number represents the btu, i know 12000 btu=1 ton and 6000btu=1/2 ton, but none of these number in the model number match, can anyone help me on figureing out whats tonage on this carrier is? thanks

Old. Looks to be 2.5 tons nominally from this literature, which sure isn't as easy to decipher as the stuff today. http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc...it/38gf-5p.pdf Hopefully you are replacing the evaporator coil as well?

well the indoor coil and furnace is not that old, was installed back in 05, so i was just going to change the outdoor unit, hey ryan thanks for the help, i'll be on this site more

Since you're a pro you can apply for pro membership and get more information and resources for technical issues that can't be discussed here. Great resource for a service tech like yourself.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=116113

2years in and 1 year of school is considered pro? hmm....hehe...well i did try but it says i am required to have 15post and 30business post, but i definitely want to join the pro when i reach the requirements

Quote Originally Posted by Blasters69 View Post
    2years in and 1 year of school is considered pro? hmm....hehe...well i did try but it says i am required to have 15post and 30business post, but i definitely want to join the pro when i reach the requirements
    Just keep posting bro.