TrueSteam VisionPro IAQ - stops on call for A/C

I installed a TrueSteam humidifier with a VisionPro IAQ thermo/humidistat. The humidistat function on the IAQ unit successfully runs the humidfier until a call is made for cooling. Then the Truesteam unit shuts down and the system runs A/C. Afterwards, humidity drops and the system is not turning the Truesteam unit on. The only way I can get it to run is to re-program system option 374 on the EIM. Then, provided the EIM initializes without a call for cooling the Truesteam will function.

Two problems:

First, I bought the Truesteam specifically to run simultaneously with A/C. RH is often around 25% and with A/C it can drop below 20%. Besides dry skin and respiratory health concerns, we get painful ESD around here. Unfortunately, I can't seem to confirm from documentation that the TrueSteam/IAQ will actually run cooling and humidification simultaneously. I just assumed it would because it's steam.

Second, calls for A/C not only shut off the TrueSteam, they seem to disable it until I reprogram the EIM.

I have wired the system according to both the "independent" and "dependent" schemes in the installation guide. I am not using an AFS. I have tried various combinations of wiring, dip switch settings, and system option (370, 372, 374) configurations as indicated in the documentation.

I get successful humidity and fan calls in both dependent and independent modes. But as soon as a cooling call is made, the Truesteam is down.

Advice?

Ok so I'm starting to understand I'm going to need ANOTHER humidistat?

Quote Originally Posted by BenjaminM View Post
    I installed a TrueSteam humidifier with a VisionPro IAQ thermo/humidistat. The humidistat function on the IAQ unit successfully runs the humidfier until a call is made for cooling. Then the Truesteam unit shuts down and the system runs A/C. Afterwards, humidity drops and the system is not turning the Truesteam unit on. The only way I can get it to run is to re-program system option 374 on the EIM. Then, provided the EIM initializes without a call for cooling the Truesteam will function.

Two problems:

First, I bought the Truesteam specifically to run simultaneously with A/C. RH is often around 25% and with A/C it can drop below 20%. Besides dry skin and respiratory health concerns, we get painful ESD around here. Unfortunately, I can't seem to confirm from documentation that the TrueSteam/IAQ will actually run cooling and humidification simultaneously. I just assumed it would because it's steam.

Second, calls for A/C not only shut off the TrueSteam, they seem to disable it until I reprogram the EIM.

I have wired the system according to both the "independent" and "dependent" schemes in the installation guide. I am not using an AFS. I have tried various combinations of wiring, dip switch settings, and system option (370, 372, 374) configurations as indicated in the documentation.

I get successful humidity and fan calls in both dependent and independent modes. But as soon as a cooling call is made, the Truesteam is down.

Advice?
    I would first speed the evaporator fan up a speed if possible to do less dehumidification. To my knowledge you will probably have to have a seperate control if you want the humidifier to run with the A/C unit.

Not that I did not tell you anything you probably did not already know. J