Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Write in Candidate.

I think this pretty much covers a lot of what most Americans are thinking about now. Received this via e-mail today.

*_WRITE-IN CANDIDATE_* **I HAVE DECIDED TO BECOME A WRITE-IN CANDIDATE. HERE IS MY PLATFORM:** * (1) "Press 1 for English" is immediately banned. English is the official language. Speak it or wait at the border until you can.* * (2) We will immediately go into a two-year "isolationist" posture to straighten out the country's attitude. NO imports, no exports. We will use the Walmart policy, "If we ain't got it, you don't need it."* * (3) When imports are allowed, there will be a 100% import tax on it.* * (4) All retired military and government personnel will be required to man one of our many observation towers on the southern border. (Six-month tour.) They will be under strict orders not to fire on SOUTHBOUND aliens.* * (5) Social security will immediately return to its original state. If you didn't put nuttin' in, you ain't gettin nuttin' out. Neither the president nor any other politician will be able to touch it.* * (6) Welfare - Checks will be handed out on Fridays at the end of the 40-hour school week and the successful completion of urinalysis and a passing grade.* * (7) Professional Athletes --Steroids - The FIRST time you check positive you're banned for life.* * (8) Crime - We will adopt the Turkish method: The first time you steal, you lose your right hand. There are no more life sentences. If convicted, you will be put to death by the same method you chose for your victim: gun, knife, strangulation, etc.* * (9) One export will be allowed: Food. The world needs to eat. A bushel of wheat, for example, will be the exact price of a barrel of oil. (10) All foreign aid using American taxpayer money will immediately cease, and the saved money will pay off the national debt and ultimately lower taxes. When disasters occur around the world, we'll ask the American people if they want to donate to a disaster fund, and each citizen can make the decision whether it's a worthy cause.* * (11) The Pledge of Allegiance will be said every day at school and every day in Congress.* * (12) The National Anthem will be played at all appropriate ceremonies, sporting events, outings, etc. Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes but a vote for me will get you better than what you have, and definitely better than what you're gonna get. Thanks for listening, and remember to write in my name on the ballot in November.* *God Bless America*
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Your hard core, and where's my tower for my 6 month tour?

What's the guy's name and where can I donate to his campaign?
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

good one mrs rebel...............that guy should have ran 4 years ago when dabayu was seeking a second term in his daddys seat

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    What's the guy's name and where can I donate to his campaign?
    I think its a woman. Evangelical Christians will not accept a woman in power. so send your cash to me.

I am quite politically conservative but I certainly would not want to live in a country with those policies.

1. English is not the official language of the U.S. The U.S. has no official language. I would vote for English to be so, but would not want to ban non-English speaking persons from entering the country.
    2. The United States of America is a leading country in the world and should never consider becoming isolationist. China is an isolationist country. Is being like China a goal for the United States of America?
    3. Import taxation should be equal to that of the countries we are export to. If we cannot compete, then buying imported goods is better for the American consumer.
    4. I would vote for a mandatory two year military service to the United States, but would not want to impose the same idealism on all American citizens. Murdering foreigners for attempting to enter the United States is also not an option for me.
    5. I would actually prefer the elimination of the Social Security system. It simply cannot work without being a tax drain.
    6. Welfare is another entity that should not be under any Federal system. However, the drug testing by local agencies is not a bad idea; if you are not trying to help yourself, other Americans should not be forced to throw money at you.
    7. The dealings of sports or any other social event should not be interferred with by our government. Let social entities govern themselves without government intervention.
    8. If Turkish laws are attractive, move to Turkey.
    9. A Capitalistic country with no exports? The U.S. would collapse within a year.
    10. This one's not bad.
    11. I am for the act of patriotism being promoted for the masses, but no individual American should be shunned or otherwise harrassed for not participating due to any difference of opinion. Let's at least be true to the American Constitution and it's Amendments.
    12. Agreed.
    Last edited by everythingair; 07-28-2008 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by everythingair View Post
    I am quite politically conservative but I certainly would not want to live in a country with those policies.

English is not the official language of the U.S. The U.S. has no official language. I would vote for English to be so, but would not want to ban non-English speaking persons from entering the country.
    The United States of America is a leading country in the world and should never consider becoming isolationist. China is an isolationist country. Is being like China a goal for the United States of America?
    Import taxation should be equal to that of the countries we are export to. If we cannot compete, then buying imported goods is better for the American consumer.
    I would vote for a mandatory two year military service to the United States, but would not want to impose the same idealism on all American citizens. Murdering foreigners for attempting to enter the United States is also not an option for me.
    good post.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    I think its a woman. Evangelical Christians will not accept a woman in power. so send your cash to me.
    Shows what you know...er, don't know about evangelical Christians.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    Shows what you know...er, don't know about evangelical Christians.
    You believe the Bible is true, every verse and chapter. What does it say about women and their place in the world/family. It shows you not really knowing what you are.

You believe the Bible is true, every verse and chapter. What does it say about women and their place in the world/family. It shows you not really knowing what you are.
    Actually it shows that your understanding of the Bible is incorrect. Unfortunately, many Christians also share your misunderstanding of the scripture.

It sounds like you are confusing "fundamentalist" with "evangelical". All it means to be an evangelical Christian is that you are supposed to be telling others who are willing to listen the Good News (Gospel) about Jesus Christ and His gift of Salvation.

Its a shame that believers don't really know what they believe ar are what they claim to be. Jesuis , the son of God warned us.

Read for yourself

Then determine if the Bible is inerrant

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/...eccl/women.htm

I think you have their place in the church and family mixed up with world politics.

Why am I not surprised?

Proud member of KA Club

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast