any HVACR companys hiring in Kansas City?

I have been laid off since June 23rd and am getting fed up with not working. Everyone is cutting back and laying off it seems and the only interview I had was with Trane. and they didn't even call me back. so now im fed up. Im an excellent tech with good initiative and I can troubleshoot anything if given the time. I have worked as an install assistant and a prevent/service tech. Looking for a good steady job.
    Thomas aka...spymoocow
    Quote Originally Posted by garya505 View Post
    Ah, sorry I thought that's what he meant. An inch shouldn't make that much difference (at least that's what I always tell my wife).

Come to Canada

I am crying for decent guys that want to work. I start guys off at $17 per hour and within 2 weeks pay them what there worth up to $32 per hour. You get company van and weekends and overtime are optional. We main do residential and commercial new and retros.
    Do it right the first time.

Do you wanta move to Denver?
    "We'll have to outwit the fiend with our superior intelligence." Yukon Cornelius

Some people are like Slinkies---not good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!

depends if i get a pay raise or not
    Thomas aka...spymoocow
    Ah, sorry I thought that's what he meant. An inch shouldn't make that much difference (at least that's what I always tell my wife).

Johnson Controls
    C&C
    Belton school district
    Shawnee Mission school district
    United Heating and Cooling

thanks james....calling united and belton tomorrow. already applied for SMSD.
    Thomas aka...spymoocow

Our co. maybe looking for another guy to travel between KC and Witchita. Lot of windshield time and some overnighters. Plenty of work. Never gets slow.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Quote Originally Posted by elkhvac View Post
    Do you wanta move to Denver?
    I live in Colorado Springs and have been laid off myself, I was working for the union as a controls installer for Set Point Systems Corp but there aren't any other contracters looking for people because of the economy here in the Springs. So they told me to look out of the union and have had a tough time here in the springs. I only worked for three weeks because I was not fit for the Job which was on a construction site.

The reason I am responding to you is because it has become increasingly clear that I need to start looking out side of Colo Springs in order to find a job. And Denver seems to be the next best option for me.

If you know someone who is hiring it would be a great help, I would need relocation assistance,. I have me EPA universal certification.I

Quote Originally Posted by 21degrees View Post
    I am crying for decent guys that want to work. I start guys off at $17 per hour and within 2 weeks pay them what there worth up to $32 per hour. You get company van and weekends and overtime are optional. We main do residential and commercial new and retros.
    How come your other job ad says you'll pay $26 to start and up to $35 after 2 weeks?

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    How come your other job ad says you'll pay $26 to start and up to $35 after 2 weeks?

If you have trade tickets Alberta, then we start at $26. Labour laws and codes are very stringent here. So I have hired guys from different provinces and they don't know the codes here. Just takes a couple of weeks to bring everyone up to speed. Anyone with 3 years of experience will be getting close $28 to $30

Doing research and saw immigrants make considerably less than nationals.

I don't have any trade tickets. Only my degree, EPA license, and a Nate card for gas heating that will expire this year. I have 5 yrs hands on. Graduated in '98. What am I worth?

Probably

$32 per hour. Unless your a slow learner.