Question What goes around ~Comes back to bite him.

Well, it's been maybe a year or so since the next door neighbor , replaced his HVAC. Since that time we haven't had much discussion and I had only seen outdoor Trane 13 seer condenser.

Ok, this is now rental property, and new neighbor's have come and gone several times. New family checks in and unit is frozen, dirty outdoor unit and I just tell them to contact owner. Well, he sends Vietnamese guy who installed system, over and he checks it next day frozen again. Today renter knocks on my door and ask if I can assit the HVAC man. I have meet the guy before, and he is licensed contractor but, doesn't do much anymore. So, I ask him if fan, is ok and filters, no blockage or insulation on motor. All ok , he says.. So I ask if unit is low on refrigerant, Nope. Then I go into attic with him and see factory filter still inside return, remove that filter, OH BOY, been there for a year.. So , we set for cooling, let unit run for about 30 minutes,go to check sub-cooling no high side hooked up to his manifold and T.D. and its not right on but close.(Adjusted some charge)I climb back into attic check T.D. 20*

You know I have never been able to check sub-cooling on unit without high side gauge hook up to condenser. TXV and he had never check sub-cooling on brand new Trane system.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

Did you bill him?

Quote Originally Posted by RDP View Post
    Did you bill him?
    Nope just helped out fellow hvac guy on HOT July Saturday.

Made friends with new neighbors.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

I was working on the roof of a condo once and up comes another a/c guy with gauges(no high side line) already hooked up to his tank of freon. As he is there charging the system two over from me he notices my pipe clamp hooked up to the system and asks "whats that?" I answer him and tell him what its for and he says I stopped doing that along time ago or some crap like that........ He was there a total of maybe 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by aircooled53 View Post

Sucks to be nice don't it.I am the same way.

Last week I was at Townhome complex owned by a real estate company R?Max or something and what do I see out of the corner of my eye, a non english speaking maintenance guy hiding around the corner watching me. He has a large green cylinder and one yellow hose in his right hand, nothing else. I think this could be a money maker in the future. But with hundreds of properties in this area this one may keep us busy. Now I know why the other contractor retired.

Quote Originally Posted by aircooled53 View Post

Did they give you some pie atleast?
    Global Warming or: None like it hot
    No pleasure, no rapture, no exquisite sin greater... than central air. -Dogma

Pie??? i work for beer
    I dont warranty Tinkeritus