Goodman ? Grabbing for straws ! - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Okay fellas , I located my manometer, I just need to get a piece of tubing for it and verify air flow . Any thoughts that my R/A plenum might be to large ?
    I did some checking on my ductulator and seems that 26X16 is kinda large for 1200 CFM's .
    The filter drier is kinda small , it reminds me of the type that York installed in thier split systems about 8 or 9 years ago. I have had to take these out in the past and move them , but I am going to install this one in the attic . I think that could be a problem, but I am not refrigerating across the drier and wouldn't my suction tend to be low due to the restriction? My suction was high. I am going to weigh in the charge after I pull a deep vaccum as you suggested. That way if I do not know anything else is correct,I will know the charge is correct .
    Thanks fellas and I will keep you posted on the results.

Thanks for the help so far. I am not interested in the warranty at all . It seems to me that somehow the job was not done correctly. I know all anout the sue happy people in TX and while I am not one, I am also a HVAC contractor,although I do not contract jobs for reasons like this. The laws in TX have changed and if you are the contractor,basically you are liable for the work you do and Techs are soon to be liable for the work they do also.They just started regulating Tech's by requiring tech's to be registered. I know by the questions I have ask and what I have posted makes me appear to not know what I am doing. I work in a commercial building and have done so for several years. I have left the reidential market behind several years ago ,and I know lots of things have changed since then . The last res unit I installed was a 10 seer and that was when a 12 was high efficentcy.
    The only reason I posted this question is because it is eating my lunch, and it happens to be my unit on a new house that my wife and I purchased in Dec last year.The heat was fine all winter, but now we struggle to maintain 76* in the house. I made some knuckle head moves on the model number bot recognizing that it was a 2.5 ton. But I feel more competent in my abilites to fix the problem than the folks that installed it . IF you knew the installer types we have around here ,you would understand ....... I am sure some of the other gents here in the area know what I mean. Simple answer is if I fix it I know it is fixed to my satisfaction,and we both work and someone would have to take off work to be here.
    Thank you for giving me some things to think about !

Actually we do know some of the knucklehead installers in your town, they post here regularly and seem to have fooled all of us into thinking they are decent HVAC professionals. It sounds like you may have just got a bit over your head in an area of our profession that you are simply not as familiar with. I'm sure if you take a deep breath and progress with the proper methods of troubleshooting that others on this thread have suggested, even suggestions made by Houston knuckleheads, you just may find yourself with a decently operating system.

Okay fellas I checked my static with a magnahelic ,which is what I called a manometer earlier but I have my readings of .35 on the supply and .35 on the return ,so .7 it is and it looks as if the cfm would be acceptable for a 3 ton,but a little high for a 2.5 .
    The fan was wired on high for cooling and med high for heat. I think that my next step will be to recover all refrigerant,install TXV, change the drier,and weigh in a exact charge and ajust as needed for 10*sc as someone here mentioned. It looks pretty tight in there (EVAP) for a TXV,but I am sure it will fit in there. Pretty hot here the last couple days so I put it on the back burner . I plan on attcking it this Saturday .

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345