Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

What wrong with this !

Quote Originally Posted by mikebaker1129 View Post
    Okay fellas this one has me banging my head against the wall and nothing seems right . Here is the scenario .New house (8 months old, Moved in in DEC.), new Condensing unit 3 ton Goodman model CLQ30-1B, new coil model CSCF3642N6AA, new airhandler also Goodman.
    I decided to give it a once over when I noticed it was having a hard time cooling the house down.
    I checked the pressures and they were as follows :
    90 psig suction
    225 (Liquid)
    suction line temp 61*
    liquid line temp 85*
    Evaporator temp of 53*
    Condensor temp 110*
    with these numbers my superheat would be 8* and my subcooling would be 25*.
    My first train of thought was flow rater was feeding too much refrigerant causing head to be low and suction to be high .What was alarming is that the .065 flow rater was still attached to the Cond unit. I thought something was up when I seen it out there.
    I called Goodman and spoke with a Technical assistance guy and he confirmed what I had thought . He told me that I most likely had a .078 flow rater installed and I needed a .065 in there. I mostly do commercial and Industrial and it has been along time since I had done any residential ,and I know alot of this have changed, so I wanted to call and make surebefore I changed anything.
    I decided to swap them out this morning and I pumped the unit down ,changed flow raters , pulled a 29" vaccum . Opened the valves and was running a 100 psig suction and a 300+ (Liquid) all with a 78* house. I start to wonder if I installed the flow rater in backwards ,so I reverse it and vac back dwn to 29", now 110 psig suction and 200(Liqiud) .
    House still having a hard time coming down to temp .
    Any thought or ideas would be welcomed ?
    I am tempted to put it back the way it was before and leave it , but a 53* coil seemed high to me when it should be 40!
    What is warrantis for !
    Have the Original Instalation Co, come out and "do it Right"
    Easier said than done
    Last edited by derbysr; 07-27-2008 at 02:06 PM. Reason: add last setence.
    Matt 7:12 The Golden Rule
    "Do for others what you would like them to do for you. This summary of all is taught in the law and the prophets.

derbysr is correct that is what a warranty is for and in Texas the builder has to provide you with a 2year warranty although you have voided that warranty if they know you worked on it might put it back like it was and call
    Last edited by catmanacman; 07-27-2008 at 02:13 PM. Reason: correction

In this case I think Mike is better prepared to fix the problem than an RNC company.

AM check out this article: http://www.bigassfans.com/research.php?id=16

Quote Originally Posted by Skip 2 my lou View Post
    Robo is like the John Madden of air conditioning.

"When one player takes an opposing player to the ground it is called a tackle."
    And "this" post of yours makes sense?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    hey chief, if your a/c is working correctly, your waisting energy using a ceiling fan!

and a ceiling fan is not a fix for your hvac system not working properly!

of course studies paid for by a fan company are gonna show that you should use their fan to save money

Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    hey chief, if your a/c is working correctly, your waisting energy using a ceiling fan!

and a ceiling fan is not a fix for your hvac system not working properly!

of course studies paid for by a fan company are gonna show that you should use their fan to save money

If you really beleive that I am sorry don't come work on my system. BTW my house is the most comfortable you will find around, 80* is cold and I don't mean just a little. In fact a 80* with a ceiling fan if you are wearing shorts you need a sheet to keep your legs warm.

If you really beleive that I am sorry don't come work on my system. BTW my house is the most comfortable you will find around, 80* is cold and I don't mean just a little. In fact a 80* with a ceiling fan if you are wearing shorts you need a sheet to keep your legs warm.

80 degrees, that explains why your not thinking properly!

i am surprized your computer is not overheating

might need to calibrate that thermostat

80 degrees with low humidity and air moving across your skin from ceiling fan can give you chills. I use ceiling fans as well to keep my home at a higher temperature and still stay cool. Only if you have high or vaulted ceilings will you be creating more cooling load. With standard 8 foot flat ceilings, ceiling fans are a comfort/efficiency plus.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    80 degrees, that explains why your not thinking properly!

i am surprized your computer is not overheating

Ceiling fans will make you feel cooler,but I wouldn't equate your error on that,to your ability to work on a system.

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Ceiling fans will make you feel cooler,but I wouldn't equate your error on that,to your ability to work on a system.
    i only have 1 more comment, thanks

Well I tell you what if you don't think that 80* can be cold then pick a Houston tech and have them come by my house and check it out.

I had a customer call me the other day and he told me they had to kick the T'stat up to 80* because the house was to cold. it all comes from properly designing, sizing and installing a system. This is what I do and customers pay me to do this and they pay well for it. My ability to do this sets me apart from my competition, so ya'll just keep thinking the way you do puts money in my pocket.

This is what I do and customers pay me to do this and they pay well for it. My ability to do this sets me apart from my competition, so ya'll just keep thinking the way you do puts money in my pocket.
    come on, tell us how you really feel about yourself

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast