Intallation advice for Hussman open cooler and freezer
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Intallation advice for Hussman open cooler and freezer

    Im required to install two Hussman self-contained supermarket aisle units: a freezer and a cooler. Due to door dimmensions as well as other fixed obstacles, Im afraid that neither unit will fit upright when trying to get inside the store: I guess that at some time, Im going to have to turn them around. Since they have their own compressor and condenser, would such a movement have an effect on the later operation of the unit? Ive done that while transporting domestic freezers and refrigerators, waiting at least a day before turning them on, allowing the oil to settle down.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas NV
    Posts
    1,150
    Quote Originally Posted by coldkeeper1 View Post
    Im required to install two Hussman self-contained supermarket aisle units: a freezer and a cooler. Due to door dimmensions as well as other fixed obstacles, Im afraid that neither unit will fit upright when trying to get inside the store: I guess that at some time, Im going to have to turn them around. Since they have their own compressor and condenser, would such a movement have an effect on the later operation of the unit? Ive done that while transporting domestic freezers and refrigerators, waiting at least a day before turning them on, allowing the oil to settle down.
    cold,

    For my benefit please define "turn them around"

    powell

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    5,501
    Quote Originally Posted by powell View Post
    cold,

    For my benefit please define "turn them around"

    powell
    Yes please do. Do you mean that you are going to lay them down to get them
    inside?
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

    To apply for professional membership click here


    Educational forums are open.

    If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

  4. #4
    Sorry fellows for my poor wording.

    What I really meant is that Im going to have to turn the equipment about 90degrees from its normal horizontal position so that its height dimmension will lie in the horizontal plane and fit through the entrance. Please let me know if its still confusing you.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    DFW Metroplex
    Posts
    4,910
    Quote Originally Posted by coldkeeper1 View Post
    Sorry fellows for my poor wording.

    What I really meant is that I´m going to have to turn the equipment about 90degrees from its normal horizontal position so that its height dimmension will lie in the horizontal plane and fit through the entrance. Please let me know if it´s still confusing you.
    So......................what you're sayin' is you're gonna have to lay it on it's side - right?.....

  6. #6
    Thats right market!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event