Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't want any HI contaminating my systems with mixed refrigerants or air left in their gages. Unless they are licensed and willing to warranty the system stick to pointing your laser thermometer at the registers and getting false readings.

I can tell you within 15 minutes if the system is performing within standards without connecting gauges.

So could HI if they were trained to do it.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

i don't even want to see a HI touch the thermostat!!

and they use IR temp guns to get delta "T" 's, very inacurate!!!

if you want a HVAC inspection done, call a professional HVAC contractor out to do it!!

there are so many things that a HI doesn't check on HVAC equipment that its hardly worth paying the money for him to check that aspect of the home! as it is now they lawfully cannot take the panels off the systems. and you wnat them to do SH and SC...

most HI's done are a scam anyways. i sold my house "as is" and thats how it should be IMO told buyer if the wanted HI, fine. but i am not going to fix anything and the price is not negotiable! and with that being said, i didn't knowingly leave anything wrong or bad either.
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

HI are not there to diagnose problems. I did teach one to measure the delta H. If it was below 5.5 or above 7.5 he would recommend they call a professional

Quote Originally Posted by rponson View Post
    HI are not there to diagnose problems. I did teach one to measure the delta H. If it was below 5.5 or above 7.5 he would recommend they call a professional
    Exactly. It's just a check. Is the sh or sc within range? Is the dH within range?
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

The home inspection biz started in an attempt to get rid of contractors coming in and giving long lists of things to do and doing it for a price. Believe it not some got greedy and the indepent HI biz was born. We're not allowed to work on the properties we inspect and our findings should be completely unbaised. Yes, most inspectors need more ed but they have to have the working and repair knowledge to determine the difference between significant defects from normal wear. We are basically elephant hunting looking for the hidden major defect. So for me I'm not as concerned about a system needing to be charged as I am a leak at the evap coil.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12