Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    . But it will never generate 36k Btu of cooling capacity per hour

Neither will your current 30,000 btu condenser.

Ok, you will probably gripe at someone long enough to get what you want. Heck, if ya keep whinin' those of us on the site may just take up a collection, buy a coil, and mail it to you. LOL But do yourself a favor, dont upgrade to a 3-ton condenser from another manufacturer, and use the new 3 ton coil from goodman and mis-match your system again. You start messing around with condensers, and coils from seperate manufacturers, You can throw the efficiency and capacity ratings away, because that is not how they were rated. There are companys that build coils, seperate from the manufacturer, but these third party coils are designed for use with specific models. Example, a company called ADP, builds coils for several manufacturers, but they are designed to meet the needs of each individual manufacturer they are built for.

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Actually, your wrong. Read the Goodman warranty. Its on a matched system.
    The warranty says, "Properly Matched System".

Your original Goodman evap coil was not a proper match to a Ruud condenser.
    Neithr is this one.
    But Goodman can void the warranty because of the match if they want.

It sounds like the contractor that put the original Goodman coil in, just put in what he could get.
    bingo!!!

man how did this thread make it past this?
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    I am not disputing that the replacement coil needs to be compatible with my current condenser. Both the 2 ton coil they installed and the 3 ton coil that I think I should have received would work with the 2.5 ton condenser.

The main dispute is this: some of you think that the manufacturer has satisfied their obligation if they provide the least powerful model that will operate in the system. My claim is that they have to replace it with a coil with the same specification, and coils are measured in tons, so it needs to be 3 ton for 3 ton.

you have a mixed match system. they put in what will and is working for your situation the coil does not always have to be the same "number" the are lots of things that you may not understand in this situation as far latent heat, sensible heat, and total capacity and i can go on. most importantly air flow as well. you may not have enough air flow to support the 3ton coil you think you need

Imagine if you bought a Chevy Corvette and it was defective and warrantied. Chevy sends you an Impala. And they say, "here's your replacement Chevy, it also drives around so it's equal. And by the way, the Impala has better mileage so your operating cost will actually be lower than with the Corvette so we've done you a favor."

your anallogy isn't the same sorry, but your trying to compare apples to oranges. you got a coil for a coil, you take your corvette back and you get another corvette. why does everyone compare HVAC to the automotive industry?? N/M off subject

That's the same as the SEER argument. Yes it's possible that an 1824 coil might provide similar cooling capacity per kWh of electricity used as the old 3 ton coil did before it broke. But it will never generate 36k Btu of cooling capacity per hour, just like the Impala will never go 150 mph and help you pick up chicks!

how do you know your not getting 36k btuh out of this machine? do a capcity check on the system. and either way you tying to make your chevy go with a ford motor, thats an anallogy for running 2 different brands of HVAC equipment

"But the speed limit on your street is 35 mph," some of you say, "so Chevy shouldn't give you a replacement Corvette. It's not the right match for you."
    chicks lol
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    I am not disputing that the replacement coil needs to be compatible with my current condenser. Both the 2 ton coil they installed and the 3 ton coil that I think I should have received would work with the 2.5 ton condenser.

The main dispute is this: some of you think that the manufacturer has satisfied their obligation if they provide the least powerful model that will operate in the system. My claim is that they have to replace it with a coil with the same specification, and coils are measured in tons, so it needs to be 3 ton for 3 ton.

Imagine if you bought a Chevy Corvette and it was defective and warrantied. Chevy sends you an Impala. And they say, "here's your replacement Chevy, it also drives around so it's equal. And by the way, the Impala has better mileage so your operating cost will actually be lower than with the Corvette so we've done you a favor."

That's the same as the SEER argument. Yes it's possible that an 1824 coil might provide similar cooling capacity per kWh of electricity used as the old 3 ton coil did before it broke. But it will never generate 36k Btu of cooling capacity per hour, just like the Impala will never go 150 mph and help you pick up chicks!

"But the speed limit on your street is 35 mph," some of you say, "so Chevy shouldn't give you a replacement Corvette. It's not the right match for you."

You do not comprehend well when you read do you. Evaporator coils do not produce BTU's only compressors produce BTU's. Coils are given tonnage designations strictly for a convenience for stocking and sales purposes. A coil is chosen depending on what the needs of the system design will be. If you live in a very dry climate a coil nominally rated larger than the compressor will be advantageous if you live in a humid climate a coil nominally rated lower size is best.
    You have a coil that is perfectly acceptable for your current system, regardless of what coil you received under warranty it would not be acceptable for a new system.

Oh and analogy relating cars to evaporator coils is not relevant.

Went to the grocery store and bought a apple it was bad so i returned it but they gave me a orange instead because they said I looked sickly. I told them I was thinking I wanted a banana next week and felt that the orange wasn't compatible with the banana but the apple was, so I want them to give me a grapefruit for my apple.

The problem is his contractor is not taking the time to explain to him properly.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    The coil you had before was no more or less compatible than the new coils is.
    that about covers it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123