Hmm 50byn???? air pulsating and noisey

ok this is what i was told to do, my boss(of about 4 months now) told me about this unit they installed last winter some time. when unit starts, it bangs so bad, they hear it in the space even though it is 20-25ft away in a closet, and when it is running it pulsates and not staedy at all. the top of this supply goes right into a radius 90 about 12"-14" high(which looks like an issue in it self i think) i had to help our ductman cut in 2 pieces of flex, 1 on each side of supply from radius to about 6 feet down duct, after that was done i needed to try to quiet it down more, i found motor working at 7.2 amps when rla was 4.3, i loosened sheave until amps were correct, it still pounded and pulsated ,as i said it was still doing it they said can you hear it from where they are, i said no they said leave it alone then, this does not seem right, my boss said, the problem is due to the squirrel cage had to be turned around to work in opposite direction before it pushes into duct causing it to pulsate something doesnt seem right to me

any thoughts would be greatly appriciated

Improper install.

Turn the squirrel cage teh right way. And set it up proper.
    Duct system may be too small.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

thanks beenthere,, im sure they wont listen to me i just hate it because it so noisey its really not fixed just quieter and there like leave it there and we'll see if they complain and im like what are you kidding me

Wild guess.
    Somebody screwed up in sizing it.
    They heard it band a lot louder then what you have heard. After they tried a few things. They reversed the squirrel cage to quite it down.
    And its still coming back to haunt them.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

You asked for some thoughts on this............ my thought is I'd be looking for a different place to work.
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

Quote Originally Posted by firecontrol View Post
    You asked for some thoughts on this............ my thought is I'd be looking for a different place to work.
    I agree! I worked for a company as a Service tech and most of the problems I found were self created by the company, I tried to keep peace and quietly let the company know, But they would just keep sweeping them under the rug and never fixing the real problems. Finally I told them they hired me as a Service Tech to diagnose and repair problems and most of what i find is created by installers or poor service tactics and the company does nothing to stop this and steady charges the customer. Told them they dont need a Tech they need a puppet to do as they say an the hell with right and wrong. Left and found another Job the same day.

firecontrol you are so right and it has crossed my mind many times, not to mention i am the only tech and he now tells me its a requirement for me to keep my pager on every weekend, i said you never told me that when i was hired

obxtech many calls i have gone on were 2 weeks or less after a spring p/m and found major problems, and was asked why wasnt this seen on check up uh i dont know, and i have fixed leaks in atleast 5 condensers at brazed joint to condensers which were put in last year

well i do appriciate the reply