A New problem child is born!

Well sort off.... Just a 10 yr old Lennox with a controller that has an error code list as tall as me and is starting its death throes.
    (I just wanna blow off steam)

Yesterday get a call from customer, It's 75F in store it's too hot (HUH??)
    I Get there and their dual stage gotta be 20 ton hvac (sorry mo# is in truck)
    has 2nd stage off from error 15 (high press. trip) well the 2nd stage cond. coil has a mess load of food wrappers,plastic bags and debris sucked fast to it. (it sits on the ground next to the building in the dumpster area )

I reset the error code and monitor it for 15 minutes and all is well (no guages, just liquid line warm suction sweating indoor temp dropped 2 degrees)
    I do paper work and go home (end of day call)

Today (around 10am) the store is 90F (WTF??) co worker gets the call and ends up 1st stage compressor is a dead short (uhh was fine last night)
    He spends the day replacing it and pressures are inline, I drop by to pick up parts from him, and talk for an hour while he's wrapping things up and charging 1st stage, no problems.

Tonight (now 10pm ) get a call from a different coworker on call that the same unit has 1 of 2 cond. fan motors will run for 5 minutes then go off on thermal, then the whole unit goes off on high press.

In our view 3 seperate independant problems in 2 days?? WTF??

Can't wait to hear what blows up next
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, for the ungratefull, have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Refrigeration is all the same weather your making Ice, refrigerating or freezing the product.

I feel your pain.....

Had a Carrier 12.5 ton RTU tripping out breakers. Condenser coils packed with cottonwood. Spent 4 hours cleaning coils. Checked pressures, superheat, and subcooling. Inspected compressor amps. System operating properly at that time. Got a call later that afternoon....no cooling. Found compressor contactors fried. Replaced contactors. Double checked system. Get a call the next morning. Compressor #1 failure. Spend the rest of the day replacing compressor.

Another tech goes out 2 months later to perform PM. System still running.

Definitely a good point on the contactors, but I would be looking at putting phase monitoring on that unit as well. Seems odd that many problems that close together. Of course you can tell Mr/Mrs/Ms customer that the unit is getting "old" and has had a lot of abnormal abuse sitting next to the dumpster. Makes me wonder if when they run the compactor if that isn't dropping voltage to the unit? Just a thought.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

when it rains it poors: had many calls like this , more in refrigeration though , i have a carrier chiller atmoment i have changed more components in such a short space than any other unit ever, last failure was contrl ckt bkr chattering screwed hp and oil fail!! this is the unit i have post for multi stage temp ctrl a while ago , thats in now and beauty , prob is customer only wants band aids!! when it rains it poors! regards stan
    Keep it simple to keep it cool!