Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 65
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,864
    Quote Originally Posted by emcoasthvacr View Post
    Both have similar waranties -- as a contractor, Amana (higher end Goodman) & American Standard (lower end Trane) would be closer comparisons.

    Depends on where you live, but Amana would probably be a better value for the consumer(not contractor).

    I'm in Florida, but I've heard contractors in Georgia complain that Goodman is a pita on warranty issues -- i'm not surprised.
    In the nearly 10 years I was with Goodman, I've never seen a warranty issue that wasn't caused by the contractor or consumer. I guess if a contractor doesn't sell a brand with as good a warranty as Goodman the only thing they can do is to make up crap about the warranty being difficult to obtain. That is absolutely not true.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  2. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,864
    Quote Originally Posted by caslon View Post
    It's incredible how much exposure Goodman AC/Furnaces get here and on other
    HVAC boards. Damn...I never really ever heard of Goodman untill the last year or so when I started looking into an AC for my condo.
    Well, there are more units with a Goodman label on them in the U.S. then any other brand name. Goodman just doesn't advertise to the public.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  3. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,864
    Quote Originally Posted by thandar56 View Post
    no trane is better
    Again; why? Specifically why? Does a 3 ton Trane system provide more cooling then a 3 ton Goodman system? Is a 14 SEER Trane system more efficient then a 14 SEER Goodman system? (actually, on that one the Goodman systems are usually rated at better actual ARI rated efficiencies) Does a Trane variable speed blower operate more efficiently or do anything that a Goodman variable speed blower does?

    What? What is it that makes you think that Trane is better?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,864
    Quote Originally Posted by skwsproul View Post
    Its an evil bot I tell ya EVIL. Our opinions do not compute to evil bots. Believe me I was practicaly murdered for voicing my opinion (which someone was asking for opinions) on GOODMAN which were totally based on personal experience. Oh well some times you cant win em all.

    Dude seriously back off let both parties talk and the customer can decide.
    Provide factual data instead of off the cuff opinions and you won't be questioned.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  5. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,448
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    In the nearly 10 years I was with Goodman, I've never seen a warranty issue that wasn't caused by the contractor or consumer. I guess if a contractor doesn't sell a brand with as good a warranty as Goodman the only thing they can do is to make up crap about the warranty being difficult to obtain. That is absolutely not true.
    In my 13 years I have seen many issues with all brands that were not caused by the contractor or consumer. I am not sure you are being totally honest here. There is not a manufacturer out there with a flawless product line. My personal experience with Goodman over their past 5 years has not been good. I will however say that prior to that they were among some of the more reliable lines out there. i kind of wonder if exporting to save cost is what hurt their product or if it has been with the companies that make their parts for them selling them a "B" stock line of components, as a lot of the issues that I have had with them have been parts that they do not manufacture. Not singling out Goodman as most manufacturers have had the same issues. Buy AMERICAN if you can and do not kid yourself saying that they have not in the past 10 years had a legit warranty issue.
    "It's always controls"

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,448
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Provide factual data instead of off the cuff opinions and you won't be questioned.
    Yes I agree after reading a little further. You have to admit somewhat that you are kind of biased having worked for Goodman and a lot of times tend to defend them a little to much. We all get the company we work for in our area is better than the company somebody else works for mentality.
    "It's always controls"

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,864
    Quote Originally Posted by skwsproul View Post
    In my 13 years I have seen many issues with all brands that were not caused by the contractor or consumer. I am not sure you are being totally honest here. There is not a manufacturer out there with a flawless product line. My personal experience with Goodman over their past 5 years has not been good. I will however say that prior to that they were among some of the more reliable lines out there. i kind of wonder if exporting to save cost is what hurt their product or if it has been with the companies that make their parts for them selling them a "B" stock line of components, as a lot of the issues that I have had with them have been parts that they do not manufacture. Not singling out Goodman as most manufacturers have had the same issues. Buy AMERICAN if you can and do not kid yourself saying that they have not in the past 10 years had a legit warranty issue.
    What the hell are you talking about?

    There is not a manufacturer that does not have parts fail under warranty. What I was referring to is that it is very easy to obtain warrantied parts from Goodman.

    You are also a fool if you buy into that crap that the largest manufacturer of residential equipment in North America buys a "B" stock of parts. Are you really that naive?

    Don't ever refer to me as not being honest. You don't know me and by making that comment you don't have any clue about what I am like.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  8. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,864
    Quote Originally Posted by skwsproul View Post
    Yes I agree after reading a little further. You have to admit somewhat that you are kind of biased having worked for Goodman and a lot of times tend to defend them a little to much. We all get the company we work for in our area is better than the company somebody else works for mentality.
    I am not biased toward any manufacturer. I have repped many different brands and just understand that they are all basically the same stuff, good and bad.

    The only reason the Goodman product is referred to by me so much is because so many like you spew out just plain wrong information about the product. Truth be told, I could actually tell some things that most of you nay-sayers have never picked up on.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  9. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,864
    Admit it guys; you are just uncomfortable with my warm and fuzzy style of posting
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,448
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    What the hell are you talking about?

    There is not a manufacturer that does not have parts fail under warranty. What I was referring to is that it is very easy to obtain warrantied parts from Goodman.

    You are also a fool if you buy into that crap that the largest manufacturer of residential equipment in North America buys a "B" stock of parts. Are you really that naive?

    Don't ever refer to me as not being honest. You don't know me and by making that comment you don't have any clue about what I am like.
    I was talking about the statement that you said "In the nearly 10 years I was with Goodman, I've never seen a warranty issue that wasn't caused by the contractor or consumer.". I was in no way trying to attack you but that statement, unless I misunderstood you, seemed a bit bull to me so like you I called it as I saw it so sorry if you got offended. If I am wrong show me the error in my way and I am a big enough man to admit it. As far as "B" stock parts a lot of corporations end up in lawsuit after lawsuit against the companies that supplied their parts for exactly this reason,and I did not say that they did for sure I was just speculating possible reasons that their product line had slipped over the past few years.

    OK now what the hell does knowing you and knowing what you are like have to do with a simple opinion(based on something that you yourself typed) is that some kind of a threat. I do not understand, I do not wish to attack an upstanding member of this site but if we can not speak our opinions what the hell good is this site any ways. Do not for a second take that as if I do not enjoy this site but threats are kind of childish and unnecassary.

    I have read many of your posts and for the most part I have agreed with them but heave forbid I disagree with you once in a while.

    Sorry to the person who started this thread as this is totally off topic.
    "It's always controls"

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,448
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I am not biased toward any manufacturer. I have repped many different brands and just understand that they are all basically the same stuff, good and bad.

    The only reason the Goodman product is referred to by me so much is because so many like you spew out just plain wrong information about the product. Truth be told, I could actually tell some things that most of you nay-sayers have never picked up on.
    If I have "spewed" out wrong information call me out on it when I do and not in a general comment like that. I can not defend everything that I have ever said cause unlike Robots I make mistakes. Thanks
    "It's always controls"

  12. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    In the nearly 10 years I was with Goodman, I've never seen a warranty issue that wasn't caused by the contractor or consumer.
    your Goodman glasses are so thick you can`t see past them.
    Last edited by praha99; 07-26-2008 at 02:20 AM.
    Sorry - yesterday was the deadline for all complaints.

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    690

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by skwsproul View Post
    I was talking about the statement that you said "In the nearly 10 years I was with Goodman, I've never seen a warranty issue that wasn't caused by the contractor or consumer.". I was in no way trying to attack you but that statement, unless I misunderstood you, seemed a bit bull to me so like you I called it as I saw it so sorry if you got offended. If I am wrong show me the error in my way and I am a big enough man to admit it. As far as "B" stock parts a lot of corporations end up in lawsuit after lawsuit against the companies that supplied their parts for exactly this reason,and I did not say that they did for sure I was just speculating possible reasons that their product line had slipped over the past few years.

    OK now what the hell does knowing you and knowing what you are like have to do with a simple opinion(based on something that you yourself typed) is that some kind of a threat. I do not understand, I do not wish to attack an upstanding member of this site but if we can not speak our opinions what the hell good is this site any ways. Do not for a second take that as if I do not enjoy this site but threats are kind of childish and unnecassary.

    I have read many of your posts and for the most part I have agreed with them but heave forbid I disagree with you once in a while.

    Sorry to the person who started this thread as this is totally off topic.

    Just FYI, if you don`t agree with ROBO, he will become very childish and attack your character... call you names.. etc That`s pretty standard operating procedure.
    Just watch I`m next
    Sorry - yesterday was the deadline for all complaints.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event