Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 65
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Posts
    18,836
    Quote Originally Posted by stevelwi View Post
    I understand that install is crucial. I won't disagree with that at all. but is there a reason that Carrier and Trane are more expensive? simply name? or they are better quality, even if not better enough for some to justify the additional cost?

    I just had installed a Carrier Infinity system, but you will not hurt my feelings with your professional opinions. I am one who does believe you get what you pay for in most areas.
    Infinity is tops,but yes you'll pay morein most cases.Personal decission,just like Ford or Chevy.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    southern wi
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Infinity is tops,but yes you'll pay morein most cases.Personal decission,just like Ford or Chevy.
    more like honda to acura? or toyota to lexus?

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Posts
    18,836
    Quote Originally Posted by stevelwi View Post
    more like honda to acura? or toyota to lexus?
    Okay!!

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Emerald Coast, FL 30.1N 85.8W
    Posts
    681

    whatever

    Both have similar waranties -- as a contractor, Amana (higher end Goodman) & American Standard (lower end Trane) would be closer comparisons.

    Depends on where you live, but Amana would probably be a better value for the consumer(not contractor).

    I'm in Florida, but I've heard contractors in Georgia complain that Goodman is a pita on warranty issues -- i'm not surprised.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    254
    It's incredible how much exposure Goodman AC/Furnaces get here and on other
    HVAC boards. Damn...I never really ever heard of Goodman untill the last year or so when I started looking into an AC for my condo.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20

    here i am

    Quote Originally Posted by gk35242 View Post
    I am trying to replace a 4 ton Armstrong unit both the outside unit and the inside unit/furnace. I got quotes for Trane and Goodman. The installer said Goodman is better. What are the opinions?
    no trane is better

  7. #20
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    DC Metro Area (MD)
    Posts
    3,371
    Quote Originally Posted by thandar56 View Post
    no trane is better
    Not Carrier this time?

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    Why? Why can't you stop harrassing someone that has a different opinion than your?? Why????
    Then you agree that this was merely an opinion that has no basis in fact? Is asking someone for a reason for their "opinion" harrassment? Should we all just go; ooohhh and ahhhh because someone makes a comment that a brand is best with absolutely no reason as to why?

    And what does any of this have to do with you? Why must you harrass me when I attempt to obtain proper information rather then mere opinions? See how silly that sounds?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  9. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Infinity is tops,but yes you'll pay morein most cases.Personal decission,just like Ford or Chevy.
    Without a doubt that the Carrier Infinity system is "one" of the nicest systems available. And I agree that a lot of it comes down to a Chevy or Ford type of preference.

    Another major factor is that a contractor who has a good relationship with a distributor of a particular brand is going to do better with that brand. It's simply a matter of knowing the product you are dealing with and being familiar with the product through the distributor that supports that brand.

    Therefore; Trane is a better product then York when installed by a contractor that works mostly with Trane. York is going to be better then Carrier for the same reason just as Carrier would be better then Trane for the same reason.

    When I was a contractor I was a Rheem/Ruud and Carrier dealer. For residential sytems I actually had better luck with the Rheem/Ruud lines because I sold more of that brand for residential. However, when I was forced to install Janitrol during low times in the market, those Janitrol systems were just as good as the Rheem/Ruud or Carrier systems. Why? Because I installed them.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Infinity is tops,but yes you'll pay morein most cases.Personal decission,just like Ford or Chevy.
    DASH!!!

    i disagree!! infinity is tops in price for replacement parts lol

    i do like the infinity system, but as you said cost

    bang for buck and quality i would go with a trane system

    the infinity is still dissapointing tom me in the quality of construction area
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    Why? Why can't you stop harrassing someone that has a different opinion than your?? Why????
    Its an evil bot I tell ya EVIL. Our opinions do not compute to evil bots. Believe me I was practicaly murdered for voicing my opinion (which someone was asking for opinions) on GOODMAN which were totally based on personal experience. Oh well some times you cant win em all.

    Dude seriously back off let both parties talk and the customer can decide.
    "It's always controls"

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by stevelwi View Post
    more like honda to acura? or toyota to lexus?
    Uh, no. I don't think dash was making an actual comparison of vehicles as if they in any way depict the same as HVAC brands. I believe the intent was simply that there are different preferences for similar brands for no specific reason.

    I have always preferred Chrysler products myself, including my current Dodge Dakota and Jeep
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  13. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Then you agree that this was merely an opinion that has no basis in fact? Is asking someone for a reason for their "opinion" harrassment? Should we all just go; ooohhh and ahhhh because someone makes a comment that a brand is best with absolutely no reason as to why?

    And what does any of this have to do with you? Why must you harrass me when I attempt to obtain proper information rather then mere opinions? See how silly that sounds?
    A good point.
    "It's always controls"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event