Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by skwsproul View Post
    They can all be reprogrammed or disassembled.
    Been there, done that
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by praha99 View Post
    ok sure no problem.

1. Bad designs.
    Downflow boards that get too hot and have the same hot spot on all the bad ones (just one example)
    2. Crappy Bristol compressors on majority of older units
    3. Cheap cabinets
    4. Noisy after a few years due to #3
    5. Warranty a Goodman part at Johnstone, normal wait to get reimbursement: 4 months.
    Others a tad better.
    6. No local technical support (Chicago land area)
    7. Mostly installed by lowest bidder or "friend of a friend" doing side work and other hacks
    8. 90+ furnaces PITA traps
    9. " " no sealed combustion chamber
    10. Same price (for me) as a better quality B series American Standard product.. so why even bother
    11. Horrible reputation (must be because they are so good.. maybe they are just misunderstood lol)
    etc...etc..

I could say the same about other low end brand but you didn`t ask
    Wow! You really just proved my point about Goodman bashers.

Bad designs? Now that's really specific.

Downflow boards with hot spots? Don't know what you are referring to. Furnaces? Air Handlers? What? I have not experieinced an overall problem here with the boards that so many other manufacturer's, including Trane, use.

Crappy Bristol compressors? You mean like the kind that every major manufacturer of equipment used for decades with no major problems? Those "crappy" compressors? You mean the "crappy" Bristol compressors that York Manufacturing owned for years and used in all of their products? Those "crappy" Bristol compressors? Again, just your opinion. However, Goodman has not been using Bristol as their main compressor for several years.

Cheap cabinets? Noisy due to cheap cabinets? I just don't know what you are referring to as being cheap.

Problems with warranty? By your own statement that is a problem between you and your distributor. Maybe that is also why you are being charged so much for Goodman.

No local tech support? Again, not Goodman but rather your distributor. I would not sell a product that didn't have decent support either, but it does not make the product bad. In my area the terrible support is for Lennox equipment, does that make Lennox products inferior?

#7 has nothing to do with the product quality whatsoever, just your ranting.

Furnace condensate traps? Gotta admit they took me back a little when I first saw them. Now? I think the simplicity and practicality (cannot have vent issues and are easy to clean) make them great. Most of my contractors also prefer them so that is just your opinion.

No sealed combustion chamber? Technically that is incorrect. The combustion area is sealed, just like on Rheem/Ruud furnaces. OK, I agree that sealed burner chambers have a benefit of being quieter in sensitive locations, other then that, sealed burners is an additional cost factor that has no technical advantage. Goodman furnaces are among the highest efficiency furnaces on the market and have led in efficiency ratings, so where is the benefit of sealed burners?

The pricing factor again reflects on you and your relationship with the distributor and not on the product. The reputation is something that people like just like to keep trying to keep going while Goodman keeps gaining in market share. Hell, if that kind of reputation results in continued better sales; I'll take it

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    In addition to being quieter than Goodman, the Trane/American Standard has:

1. Spine fin coil.
    2. All aluminum evaporator coil.
    3. Condensor cabinet that was painted AFTER being stamped.

This is a short versoion of a much longer list, but thought I'd throw this out there since we've got to 3 pages without anyone noting these obvious differences. And I just dont have the time to explain in detail why Trane is superior.
    All good points for features that could be beneficial in certain applications.

Quote Originally Posted by PDQuick View Post
    GMC has had terrible issues with thin copper on their A series air handlers. I love to see one of those with a freon leak. I really dont understand how GMC is still designing equipment with orfices. I dont like orfices at all.
    The copper tubing used by Goodman is no thinner then any other copper tubing on the market. In fact, Goodman did not have to even change their copper tubing in order for their coils to be rated for R410a.

Your not liking fixed metering is an opinion, and that is fine. It however does not change the fact that Goodman units using piston metering getting the same efficiency ratings as other units using mechanical txv metering is doing the same job for less with less chance of a part failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    What does this have to do with me. I'm a member of this board. I've been here only 1 year less than you. I have given specfic reasons why I'd rather not install Goodman products and have lost privledges on this site because of that.
    Oh really? With all of the opinions about Goodman; it was "YOU" who lost posting privedges for doing so?

Grow up milkdud; you lost posting privelegdes for the same reason that others of us have lost posting priveledges; you broke site rules

I'd go with Goodman. the unit on my home has been running for 7 years with no problems. neighbors who upgraded to Trane have been experiencing leaks along with other minor problems.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Oh really? With all of the opinions about Goodman; it was "YOU" who lost posting privedges for doing so?

Grow up milkdud; you lost posting privelegdes for the same reason that others of us have lost posting priveledges; you broke site rules
    No I didn't. I did not break site rules. And instead of warnings like issued to other members I received none. Decisions where made without my being able to defend myself. Actions where taken with out even the curtsey of notifying me of such negative actions. These actions where taken neither by the Site Admin. Or a moderator.

By the way you just broke a site rule yourself. But I won't hit the abuse button and rat you out because I am infact "grown up".
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Hey guys they all remove humity from the air and we all know that TRANE more money than GOODMAN and the rep. that Goodman has with the junkatroll name.Plain and simple if the price is the same which I dout GO WITH TRANE but like you guys are saying the installion is VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    No I didn't. I did not break site rules. And instead of warnings like issued to other members I received none. Decisions where made without my being able to defend myself. Actions where taken with out even the curtsey of notifying me of such negative actions. These actions where taken neither by the Site Admin. Or a moderator.

By the way you just broke a site rule yourself. But I won't hit the abuse button and rat you out because I am infact "grown up".
    Here we go again. You have been told over and over why you caused your pro status to be adjusted and yet you continue to make whiney posts such as the ones that got others to complain about your professional status in the first place.

Once again, you feel the need to whine in an open forum about a situation that you created.

Quote Originally Posted by ON-CALL View Post
    Hey guys they all remove humity from the air and we all know that TRANE more money than GOODMAN and the rep. that Goodman has with the junkatroll name.Plain and simple if the price is the same which I dout GO WITH TRANE but like you guys are saying the installion is VERY IMPORTANT!!!
    If the prices for the same features and benefits are the same, it is a coin toss as to which brand to install.

As for you brand bashing opinion of reputation, look at the previous post about Trane's reputation with a member of this site who is a professional member, which you are not.

I do not. Nuh uhhhh......and how would someone like you know anyway, you commie liberal
    ROTFLMAO

i would still put the trane in, if it were my house

OH wait, i already did
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Admit it guys; you are just uncomfortable with my warm and fuzzy style of posting
    i love reading your posts robo

you make sense, unlike me, and always make very good points

i enjoy watching you tear these guys down

ooops now he is goig to get me for picking trane over goodman, sorry dude, choo choo dealer preety good deal when you are dealer

the package unit at my co-workers house doesn't even mave a serial number on it lol
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Here we go again. You have been told over and over why you caused your pro status to be adjusted and yet you continue to make whiney posts such as the ones that got others to complain about your professional status in the first place.

Once again, you feel the need to whine in an open forum about a situation that you created.
    How ever you want to spin it.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345