Thread: CFM

CFM

I have a Ifinity 4 ton VS 2 stage heat pump. My infinity thermostat will show the current cfm When the system is on high what should the cfm be?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    350 or 400 cfms per ton,or 80% of whichever it is set-up for if in a dehumidification cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    350 or 400 cfms per ton,or 80% of whichever it is set-up for if in a dehumidification cycle.
    The highest I have seen it on the high cooling cycle is 1200. Is this a problem, should I have it looked at?

CFM

Carrier fan performance charts at .5 in. water list 450 CFM per ton. Less takes away efficiency and dehumidification.

350 would be 1400,so 80% is above what you see.

Set the humidity to a higher level to prevent a dehum. cycle,turn the stat 5 degrees below current set point,give it awhle and see what the cfms are.

Where are you located?

This is an air handler,right?

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    350 would be 1400,so 80% is above what you see.

Set the humidity to a higher level to prevent a dehum. cycle,turn the stat 5 degrees below current set point,give it awhle and see what the cfms are.

Where are you located?

This is an air handler,right?
    I am located in North Texas about 65 miles north of Dallas. Sorry for the stupid question, what is a air handler? One other question. You know my complaint has been a warm master bedroom furthest away from the unit. I noticed my infinity thermostat is set to comfort which lowers the cfm to help with humidity. Should I set the thermostat to max or efficency to get more cfm to that room? When my unit is on high it works great, but when the unit goes to low I dont get much air to that room and it gets warm. I could also set the thermostat to only run on high after a certain temp, any sugestions?

Air handler is the indoor unit ,or you could have a furnace and coil with your heat pump.

Lack of air flow to the farthest room(s) is often due to undersized ducts,which cause high static(resistance) in the duct system.

Static should be tested,they can actually read it on the Infinity Control.

Sometimes lack of air is due to lack of return in a room,check the supply air flow,just fell it at the grille,with and without the door to the room closed.If it decreases much with the door closed,leave it open for a day ,if it cools well you need a return or more return in that room.