Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stltechfrmtx View Post
    ?????condensation would be on the outside of the pipe???? drain has a trap, low voltage is run on the outside of the unit. return air seams arent sealed (not that I can see)???? got me, could be a number of things
    I was thinking that, like a cup of ice and drink. Still in school but I couldnt see any thing else.

So whats the answer already?

I will believe that the government is broke when the welfare checks start bouncing!!

What's the answer!!??
    Psalm 51:10, 12

It looks like some small, condensating ductwork that is piped down at 1/8" per foot into the house to me

I like the grade A set up of that black wire...

Would it be that the return air duct has no poopie on the seams? So its leaking through the return air vent?

There is no "T" after the P-trap, the unit does not drain when it's humid, and the condensate overflows into the Return. It then follows all that nice long, waterproof Return ductwork into the home. Fun fun.
    This is what happens when I take photos of things OTHER than bad A/C installations:
    Arizona. Photographed: http://community.webshots.com/album/563042864aIFjqw

Quote Originally Posted by rifter1 View Post
    There is no "T" after the P-trap, the unit does not drain when it's humid, and the condensate overflows into the Return. It then follows all that nice long, waterproof Return ductwork into the home. Fun fun.
    why is the T necessary

Quote Originally Posted by rifter1 View Post
    Even after a heavy rain humidity is only 29%.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfer View Post
    Even after a heavy rain humidity is only 29%.
    It's 01:30, it has not rained in 24 hours, take a look at the humidity and dew points:

Quote Originally Posted by -459FZPE View Post
    I like the grade A set up of that black wire...
    Do you mean thermostat cable?

Who uses adjustable elbows and snap-lock pipe on a roof?

Chicago is an indian word for stinky!!!!!!
    -supertek65

Why is an air vent required after a P-trap?
    Not knowing that is exactly why -- over the years -- I've had to fix so many water leaks on other people's installs.

I've done it myself. I once installed a 10-ton Trane split in a warehouse and forgot to put a T after the p-trap. The unit won't drain. We flooded the warehouse. Luckily eveyrthing was up on palettes

-- think of a straw in a glass of water. Put your thumb over it. Pick it up. Why doesn't the water drain? Negative air pressure is stronger than the weight of the water.

In the case of an A/C -- the blower creates the negative pressure in the straw (PVC drain line).

I can't tell you how many water damaged homes I've seen due to the lack of an air vent after a trap. Or, if you put the air vent before the trap, the unit won't drain either. Or, if you don't put a trap or an air vent at all.

Every plumbing fixture in your house has or shares an air vent that sticks up out of the roof, so they can drain. Otherwise the water would stick in the pipes and not drain, against the laws of gravity.

Common problem here.
    This is what happens when I take photos of things OTHER than bad A/C installations:
    Arizona. Photographed: http://community.webshots.com/album/563042864aIFjqw

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast