Thread: daykin system

daykin system

a friend from argentina sent this picture

I just worked on another one of those freaking things today. Not so bad once you get to know them and understand how they work. I still dont know why they cram so much crap into such a small space for. Kinda like the old saying 10lb of **** in a 5lb bag.

something seems off in that picture. looks like he put 2 units right next to each other so 1/3 of each condenser cant get any airflow. I could be wrong but it really looks like 2 different units. i havnt worked on all daikins yet so maybe thats just 1 unit with 4 comps in it.

Quote Originally Posted by y7turbo View Post
    I just worked on another one of those freaking things today. Not so bad once you get to know them and understand how they work. I still dont know why they cram so much crap into such a small space for. Kinda like the old saying 10lb of **** in a 5lb bag.

something seems off in that picture. looks like he put 2 units right next to each other so 1/3 of each condenser cant get any airflow. I could be wrong but it really looks like 2 different units. i havnt worked on all daikins yet so maybe thats just 1 unit with 4 comps in it.
    agree see to me there to closed take look

The daikin's come with a twining kit so you can tie multiple units together for greater common ton ratings, whats happening is when they are twin'd together that loss of coil square footage is already calulated out by thier engineers so do look at it as a bunch of smaller units but one large one, daikins are a nice unit, but mitsubishi has them beat with their two pipe design

why run three when you can run two

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklabelman1 View Post
    The daikin's come with a twining kit so you can tie multiple units together for greater common ton ratings, whats happening is when they are twin'd together that loss of coil square footage is already calulated out by thier engineers so do look at it as a bunch of smaller units but one large one, daikins are a nice unit, but mitsubishi has them beat with their two pipe design

I found this you tube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1dDfHAv7OA

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklabelman1 View Post

I disagree because you obviuosly don't know much about those systems.We do o lot of installs (Daikin,Mitsubishi) in United Kingdom and i can assure you ,that two pipe is superb solution but it is limited to a certain distance.The pipe run for VRV Daikin is much greater.If you want me to be more specific i have to compare it ....but i know for sure Mitsi pipe run from the bc box can not exeed 40 m.IIn Daikin you just fit another refnet and continue........