Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    I do find it funny.

Funny that he got a way so cheap, and is unhappy.
    give 'em an inch they want a mile

......................and I would have broke it off a little deeper
    The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

we need a few more sheep dogs to keep barking at the wolves,and the stupid sheep

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Yep Frank, we're all laughing our butts off over this one. You just never thought we'd be luaghing AT you, did you?

Way to post it on the net, that'll teach 'em!

I am the A$$? All I did was inquire about warranty and I am instructed that unless my contrator jumps through hoops, that there is no warranty? Since I thought that this was not fair, I am wrong? My contractor is supposed to go to the trouble and time of contacting the manufacturer for their ok that the part was defective........and I guess I pay for that time too so that I am discouraged from having them do that, or I won't get the part paid for in reality anyway, given I have to pay the contractor for the extra time spent to contact the distributor? An just where are all the distributor's offices anyway; do you have one in your town? If you do how would you know? I looked in my yellow pages and I saw - Lennox, Carrier, Bryant, York and Trane - I did NOT see anyone that stated they were a Goodman dealer or distributor. Again, I guess this is supposed to be my problem............and companies wonder why their business is going down the drain with customer service like I recieved. Yeash, I really don't get it!

My reply:

I could not find my warranty as I did not "purchase" the unit - as I stated, it came with my new house, if you took the time to read my question; my builder stated that it should have a 5 year warranty, so I naturally contacted you? (Yes I am able to read, but you are apparently not). It makes no sense that a statement from the licensed contractor I had repair the unit is not enough. BTW, out of 20 years in business, the contractor stated that this was probably only the 4th time he had seen that this part go bad; just seemed to me that your company would acknowledge that and just pay for the part. Sorry I bothered you! It is no wonder your company has such a poor reputation. Other than that I have had no problems with the furnace or a/c and have had very reasonable utility bills - your customer service is however severely lacking.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Friday, July 25, 2008 8:36 AM
    To: Frank Subject: Online INQUIRY
    Importance: High

Dear Mr. Aaron,

Thank you so much for your wonderful reply.

Feel free to tell everyone you know that you purchased a unit without reading the warranty that came with it. It's called LIMITED WARRANTY for a reason. It also clearly states the time frame, what's covered, and how to go about getting parts under the warranty. I'm sure you are able to read, as you have so nicely pointed out a simple typo.

Please direct your mean spirited comments at someone else.

Allison
    Consumer Affairs
    1-877-

Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 5:06 PM
    To: Withun, Allison M.
    Subject: RE: Online Inqury

So I have no warranty is what you are saying. Thanks. I'll make sure everyone I know including the internet, knows that you do not really have a warranty. THANKS A BUNCH.

And you can't even spell you; it is inquiry, NOT inqury. Aren't you smart?
    Bet this will get many laughs on HVAC-Talk.com.

Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 4:47 PM
    To: faar
    ubject: FW: Online Inqury

Dear Mr. Aaron,

Thank you for contacting Goodman Consumer Affairs.

The model GMNT100-4 has a 5 year Limited Warranty on functional parts, and the heat exchanger has Lifetime. This warranty is for parts only, it does not cover labor associated with replacing the part. I've attached a copy of the Limited Warranty for your reference. If your contractor charged you for parts, then you will need to contact them on this. They should be able/willing to take the bad part back to the distributor. The distributor will give them a replacement part for their stock, and then they can give you the money back they charged you for the part (if they did).

Sincerely,

Allison
    Consumer Affair

-
    A customer has chosen to contact you from the website. His/her details are as follows:

First Name: Frank
    ccupation: Homeowner
    Title:
    omment: I purchased my house new 4 years ago February. I have a GMNT100-4 furnace. The fan (squirrel cage) became dislodged from the center plate hooked to the blower motor. I paid over $200 to have this fixed. I believe it is covered under your 5 year warranty. Please contact me regarding the above. Thank you.

Oh yeah, I apologize to all you wise ones, I should have called the Goodman dealer in my phone book (what Goodman dealer), and I could have avoided all this, RIGHT?

I did not post this for all of you pros to instruct me, I posted so that the Joe Consumer would know that he/she has no warranty as there is NO Goodman dealer to call.

Frank A,
    I do most of the warranty claims for the distributor I work for ( different manufacturer though ). Its not a hard process for the dealer to verify if a part is under warranty, matter of fact all it takes is a phone call.
    Distributors very seldom advertise in the yellow pages and if they do very seldom advertise what brand(s) they sell. This also holds true for some dealers. Why you might ask? Some homeowners think/feel that this dealer works on or sells nothing but that advertised brand.
    With a few exceptions, just about any dealer can and will work on any brand of equipment. Some may not have an account with distributors of other brands of equipment then they normally service or sell, but it still only takes a phone call to find out if something is under warranty..

Martin
    whaaaaa, you let all the smoke out

Quote Originally Posted by FrankA View Post
    Oh yeah, I apologize to all you wise ones, I should have called the Goodman dealer in my phone book (what Goodman dealer), and I could have avoided all this, RIGHT?

I did not post this for all of you pros to instruct me, I posted so that the Joe Consumer would know that he/she has no warranty as there is NO Goodman dealer to call.
    The problem with your intent is that you are completely wrong about everything you are complaining about. What ever gave you the impression that this site was here for grouchy consumers who don't understand warranties and don't relate properly to their contractors to make such a fuss to others?

This site is mostly run by professionals in the HVAC industry with the main intent for professionals to discuss problems in HVAC, not for consumers to air out their grievances over their wrong perceptions.

Any contractor can easily obtain warrantied parts from most equipment manufacturer's. Goodman is one of the easiest because Goodman is not particular about what HVAC contractors perform work on Goodman equipment, literally any contractor can work on Goodman and obtain Goodman warrantied parts.

Just exactly what is it you expected Goodman consumer affairs to do for you? Your contractor should have replaced the part (not in the least uncommon) under warranty and charged you the labor cost of doing so. The contractor could have obtained the part from any Goodman distributor, of which there are usually several in many areas, or used a part from his or her service vehicle (proof that it is a commonly replaced part) and obtained a replacement from Goodman at a later date.

It sounds like there may have been some gross miscommunication between you and the contractor. If the contractor had a problem with the Goodman brand and this is where your negative attitude originates, then that contractor should have never been allowed to work on the equipment.

You came here to bash, that doesn't go over well.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    You came here to bash, that doesn't go over well.
    You are right, point taken. I will post no more.

You are right, point taken. I will post no more.
    We all thank you.

Don't trip over your lip on the way out.

Peace out.....don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya
    I need a new signature.....

Dear Mr. Aaron,

Thank you so much for your wonderful reply.

Feel free to tell everyone you know that you purchased a unit without reading the warranty that came with it. It's called LIMITED WARRANTY for a reason. It also clearly states the time frame, what's covered, and how to go about getting parts under the warranty. I'm sure you are able to read, as you have so nicely pointed out a simple typo.

Please direct your mean spirited comments at someone else.

Allison
    Consumer Affairs
    1-877-
    She told you, Frankie.

Way to go Allison.

Why spend thousands of dollars on a system and not a little more on the extended warranty?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast