Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Goodman Warranty

So I have no warranty is what you are saying. Thanks. I'll make sure everyone I know including the internet, knows that you do not really have a warranty. THANKS A BUNCH.

And you can't even spell you.............; it is inquiry, NOT inqury. Aren't you smart? Bet this will get many laughs on HVAC-Talk.com.

-----Original Message-----
    From: Withun, Allison M. [mailto:Allison.Withun@goodmanmfg.com]
    Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 4:47 PM
    To: Removed E-mail addressSubject: FW: Online Inqury

Dear Mr. Aaron,

Thank you for contacting Goodman Consumer Affairs.

The model GMNT100-4 has a 5 year Limited Warranty on functional parts, and the heat exchanger has Lifetime. This warranty is for parts only, it does not cover labor associated with replacing the part. I've attached a copy of the Limited Warranty for your reference. If your contractor charged you for parts, then you will need to contact them on this. They should be able/willing to take the bad part back to the distributor. The distributor will give them a replacement part for their stock, and then they can give you the money back they charged you for the part (if they did).

Sincerely,

Allison Withun
    Consumer Affairs
    1-877-254-4729

-
    A customer has chosen to contact you from the website. His/her details are as follows:

First Name: Frank
    Last Name:
    Title:
    Address 1: 2127
    Address 2:
    City:
    State: KS
    Zip:
    Phone Number:
    Fax Number:
    E-mail: [email]
    Comment: I purchased my house new 4 years ago February. I have a GMNT100-4 furnace. The fan (squirrel cage) became dislodged from the center plate hooked to the blower motor. I paid over xxxx to have this fixed. I believe it is covered under your 5 year warranty. Please contact me regarding the above. Thank you.

Pricing Removed
    Last edited by Senior Tech; 07-24-2008 at 09:57 PM.

if he fixed it and got you cooling for that price you should be happy remember labor is not cheap

Quote Originally Posted by FrankA View Post
    So I have no warranty is what you are saying. Thanks. I'll make sure everyone I know including the internet, knows that you do not really have a warranty. THANKS A BUNCH.

And you can't even spell you.............; it is inquiry, NOT inqury. Aren't you smart? Bet this will get many laughs on HVAC-Talk.com.

To: Subject: FW: Online Inqury

Dear Mr. Aaron,

The model GMNT100-4 has a 5 year Limited Warranty on functional parts, and the heat exchanger has Lifetime. This warranty is for parts only, it does not cover labor associated with replacing the part. I've attached a copy of the Limited Warranty for your reference. If your contractor charged you for parts, then you will need to contact them on this. They should be able/willing to take the bad part back to the distributor. The distributor will give them a replacement part for their stock, and then they can give you the money back they charged you for the part (if they did).

Sincerely,

Allison Withun
    Consumer Affairs
    1-877-254-4729

-
    A customer has chosen to contact you from the website. His/her details are as follows:

Last Name:
    Title:
    Address 2:
    City:
    Zip:
    Phone Number:
    Fax Number:
    Comment: I purchased my house new 4 years ago February. I have a GMNT100-4 furnace. The fan (squirrel cage) became dislodged from the center plate hooked to the blower motor. I paid over xxxx to have this fixed. I believe it is covered under your 5 year warranty. Please contact me regarding the above. Thank you.
    Has this unit been serviced every year since new?
    Last edited by Senior Tech; 07-24-2008 at 09:57 PM.

FrankA

From your post it would be hard for a reasonable person to believe you have been wronged in anyway.

typical Goodman customer..........lmao
    "The things you own end up owning you. "

Tyler Durden

Parts and only parts would be warranty,not service call or labor.Sounds like they did you right.

A. Edit out all email addresses.
    B. Edit out price.
    C. As the reply says, they only cover the part.

12 month labor warranty is provided by the contractor, not the manufacturer.
    If you wanted a longer labor warranty, it was up to you to purchase an extended labor warranty.

If your company charged you for the part. Your complaint is with them.
    By the price you posted, it sounds like they charged for labor only.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by badboyheel View Post
    typical Goodman customer..........lmao
    More like; typical person making stupid comment about Goodman
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by FrankA View Post

To: Subject: FW: Online Inqury

Dear Mr. Aaron,

Sincerely,

Allison Withun
    Consumer Affairs
    1-877-254-4729

-

Last Name:
    Title:
    Address 2:
    City:
    Zip:
    Phone Number:
    Fax Number:
    Your point is what?It is easy to complain while you are sitting in a cool house.
    You contacted goodman and found out the parts are under warranty so take it up with whoever did the work for you.Only if they charged you parts though.Don't really see your point in posting that email from goodman it just shows your ignorance.Good day.
    Last edited by Senior Tech; 07-24-2008 at 09:58 PM.

looks to me goodman honored their end of the deal. do you expect more? if so purchase a 10 year p&l when you make a major purchase. nothing is free in home ownership except maybe a headache.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    More like; typical person making stupid comment about Goodman
    true, maybe it was just a stupid comment regardless of what brand, people just make me laugh, gotta love it though.
    "The things you own end up owning you. "

Tyler Durden

Good thing Frank didn't call me to fix it....my labor costs alot more than that.

Funny thing is.....old Frank thought we would find this funny....instead he comes off looking like a total azz.

Hey Frank....if YOU'RE so smart how is it that you didn't read any of the rules of this website? If a moderator has to remove your pricing for you.....you're gonna owe him for the labor.

Quit bichin from your nice air conditioned home that a service tech was nice enough to come out and service for you for nothing more than labor....whiner
    I need a new signature.....

I do find it funny.

Funny that he got a way so cheap, and is unhappy.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast