My 2ton heat-pump has been running all day long lately. When I first bought my house in 2000 we kept the temp set around 72 during the summer. At that time the unit would cycle on and off through-out the day and nite, but now its a different story. The ac runs all day long. I've set the temp to 77 but it never gets there untill around 1am. It will run all day long showing the current temp at 79 to 81 degrees. I just want my ac to keep the house cool like it used too.
I've had over 5 hvac techs. come to my house sine May of this year. Each one has given me a different reason to this problem. Their reasons have been;
1. Coil is dirty. (I clean it every April using Nu-Brite)
2. Low insulation in the attic.
3. Fan motor is weak on outside unit
4. "Outside unit is in a bad location. The sun beams right on it!"
5. "Freon low 3 oz low"
6. "Georgia is just Hott, your ac is doing all it supposed to do"
So can anyone recommend a company that can help, one that will service the Cartersville, Georgia area (30121). Thanks