how do you call it, Sight Glasses or liquid indicator?

please kindly tell me how do you call it in English? Sight Glasses or Liquid indicator? thank you.

Most commonly: Sight-Glass

Why do you ask this question?

Where are you asking it from? Country?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Both are acceptable. Myself, I interchange the 2 depending on who I'm talking too.

Quote Originally Posted by ventilating View Post
    please kindly tell me how do you call it in English? Sight Glasses or Liquid indicator? thank you.

[/IMG]
    In the USA it's commonly referred to as a "Sight Glass"

It is also called the fullen looken.

Sight glass

[QUOTE=ventilating;1937430]please kindly tell me how do you call it in English? Sight Glasses or Liquid indicator? thank you.

Proper Refrigeration term for it is a Moisture & Liquid Indicator. Some Lennox Furnaces have a sight glass on the door to check the burner flame without openning the access panel.

Quote Originally Posted by lifebreath View Post
    Proper Refrigeration term for it is a Moisture & Liquid Indicator. Some Lennox Furnaces have a sight glass on the door to check the burner flame without openning the access panel.
    I call it a liquid line sight glass, that way it eliminates the possibility of a customer thinking I was inspecting a Lennox furnace when I was called out to look at a refrigeration problem.
    Last edited by markettech; 07-26-2008 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by markettech View Post
    I call it a liquid line sight glass, that way it eliminates the possibility of a customer thinking I was inspecting a Lennox furnace when I was called out to look at a refrigeration problem.
    I would also refer to it as the liquid line sight glass but for other reasons. Most if not all racks also have oil sight glasses on the resevoir/ and some have liquid bleed sight glass on the critical charge line, most compressors have oil pot sight glasses and oil sight glasses on the body/ this is not to be confused with the sight glass in the managers door when you go to get the bill signed.

In Australia we refer to it when talking to a customer as that little round brass thingy with the bloody window in it over there on the pipe.
    Amongst us tradies though we call it the liquid line sight glass
    Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from. Al Franken, "Oh, the Things I Know", 2002