Honeywell FocusPRO 5000 upgrade?

Hey all,

First time poster. This isn't DIY per se, this is just a quick request for advice for somebody who's trying to save energy. Just moved to a new place and it came with a Honeywell FocusPRO 5000 (specifically, the TH5220D1003), which is non-programmable. Would a FocusPRO 6000 (specifically the 6220D) work in place of this unit without having to work on wiring and such?? I.e. just hot swap in the programmable model? If anyone could indulge me, I'd be very grateful.

Regards,

Russh884!

As far as I know, no.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

The subbases would not match up, so some wiring and setup would still be required. You'd also need to go through the installer's setup, and you don't want to misconfigure it of course.

If you're looking for a nice thermostat, then I'd see if you can have a local company install a Honeywell VisionPRO for you.

Ah that's what I was afraid of. Couldn't find an install diagram online to compare the subbases so wanted to see if anyone knew the equipment. Why anyone in this era would put a non-programmable thermostat up is beyond me. Can save so much energy.

Actually, I might be wrong (surprised? ). I was thinking about the TH5110, which is not as wide as the TH5220. The TH5220 and TH6220 subbases may match up. I checked the installation instructions for each and they sure do look the same. Hopefully someone can give you a definite answer. Sorry for the misinformation above (good thing I verified the information I was giving). I still can't give you a yes or no answer, though.

Hahaha okay--hopefully someone will know--thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    The subbases would not match up, so some wiring and setup would still be required. You'd also need to go through the installer's setup, and you don't want to misconfigure it of course.

If you're looking for a nice thermostat, then I'd see if you can have a local company install a Honeywell VisionPRO for you.
    I also was looking to change out my Focus Pro 5000 model. I was thinking of having the VisionPro installed but was wondering what benefits it could offer over the Focus Pro 5000 model I currently have. Have a single stage Lennox G51. Thanks for insight, hijack over, sorry.

No prob on the Hijack! I was thinking the FocusPro 6000 series would be good because it may be an easy change-out if the sub-base is the same.

Well, the programmability for one thing would be a benefit. Also, it is a pretty smart thermostat and can learn your house and the abilities of your heating/cooling system to use during recovery, etc. It's also a nice-looking thermostat. I'm sure there are a few other good features of it that just aren't coming to mind. I have one, and I leave it on permanent hold all day (at least for now).