Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ac Question

Dupe
    Last edited by I_bend_metal; 07-24-2008 at 05:20 PM.
    I need a new signature.....

Airflow
    I need a new signature.....

did they not have a electronic leak detector , sounds like you need a new service co

I wouldn't let them put dye in the system. A good tech can find a leak with a good electronic leak detector and soap bubbles. Most leaks can be found quickly and repaired.

I would find a different service company to deal with.
    Its a good Life!

Dont let him put the dye in, you dont need trash in the system, Call another company that has technicians with tools. The dye thing is ridiculous, the majority of leaks I search for are not that difficult to find, but I use an electronic leak detector and so do all other professional techs.

I read that the temp of air at a register should be 17-20 F lower than
    the ambient room temp. Just wanted to add what little I know.

I have one of those little Radio Shack temperature readers with a seperate "outside"
    temp probe. I used that at the register out of curiosity after my AC install. It read 17 F below ambient room temp. Of course, you have to wait awhile for everything in the house to get cooled down a bit to get an accurate assesment. It reached 55.4 F, tho it was only about
    78 F outside.

well i did call somebody else as you all told me.new guy check for leaks and found 1 in the part in furnace and told me because of where it was nobody would fix it.so he put in 1lb of freon and told me to start saving.again just wanna thank everbody for all the info.

Thumbs up

I am assuming it is the evaporator coil, at least you know what you are dealing with now. Good move getting someone out there who knew what they were doing. There is an abundance of knowledgable techs out there, dont get discouraged. Just stick with them once you found them, and know that they may not always be the cheapest company in town, but your money will be well spent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12