Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ac Question

Ac Question

my central air only blowing temp of 63 .condenser and coil cleaned repair guy added freon, when i asked if it had leak said no.is there anything it could possibly be or just need new.house is 1105sqft and 2ton of ac blows lots of air but only 63 any ideas, 350 dollars still blows 63 thanx

Need more info. Is the unit holding the temperature inside? Whats the outside temp?

Call the company back if the unit is still not cooling properly. Its hard to tell from here but if not working right it could be any number of things.
    Its a good Life!

No pricing is allowed on this site, you might want to edit your post. I assume you are checking this temp at a supply register, which doesn't really tell us anything, Without a lot more information, it is hard to say, there are several possibilities of problems, AC sounds slightly under-sized, but you should have Manual J calculation done on your home to tell for sure. Do you have any pressures/ Temps , that your technician took. Of course sizing may have absolutely nothing to do with it, if it was able to maintain, before, with the same outdoor conditions.

live in pa temp is 73 right now .yes it is holding temp of 78 in house.if he had to add freon doesnt this mean it is leaking.he said right away that tested and wasnt leaking.he took furnace apart and inspected everything.the only thing he did comment on was the piece inside furnace was only cold 2inches up when it was running but said it was normal since he had taken it apart and it wasnt giong thru it. thanx

is this an old or new issue. if new something changed.....

Where at in PA???
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

butler pa

Quote Originally Posted by iteetwo View Post
    butler pa

Cool.....I grew up in Hanover
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

this is something that just started after last week when it was 91 and ran from 1pm to midnight.and never got house to below 82

if this person cant figure it out get a second opinion from another tech at that company or you may have to call another contractor. i would first call the original co. back and say it's still not working would you mind sending someone else instead of that tech out? good luck

thanks for the help i will call back and see what they say.

certainly, if it was not fixed when he was out they should be responsible and fix the system like they were asked. in the future when ever dealing with contractors it's best to have someone recommended to you. if neighbors use their services they should be a quality company. reply back on this thread let us know how you make out.

well called company back.they sent out different guy.he says it must be leaking and said i need to let him put dye or something in furnace.he says he will be back in two days.this guy says i should just replace everything because leaks are hard to fix and find.will see what happens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast