refrigerants so many whats right!

which refrigerants are right for walk ins,freezers, reach in, refrigerators ect... yes theirs mores to it like type of oil, txv. but which flavers do you prefer and why? is it cost, easy to use, some work better than others.do some keep older equipment running?

Each refrigerant choice is usually made by popularity, availability, price, manufacturers specifications and choice. Metering device. Condensing temperature. BTUH's. Amount (price).

Alot goes into it. You end up with a narrow range of choices. Not uncommon to maybe one or two suitable for the job. The fact that most of the "flavors" as you call them, are only interims, it may do you some good to gain some insight as to what the long term benefit is to the customer.

No one says, "hey I like this gas so there fore I use it" I take that back. Some guys do that. And most commonly they would not understand what I said above.

I prefer R-12, R-13, R-22, and R-502

But most are gone and the other is going.

So now I like them all to some extent but I tend to use R-414 and R-422 most often. <g>

Why? So I can carry fewer cylinders in the truck. At one time I had them stacked up until half the truck was full. And had recycle cylinders to match. I got real tired of that real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by firedup View Post
    which refrigerants are right for walk ins,freezers, reach in, refrigerators ect... yes theirs mores to it like type of oil, txv. but which flavers do you prefer and why? is it cost, easy to use, some work better than others.do some keep older equipment running?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

I prefer R-12, R-13, R-22, and R-502
    Glory days...*sigh*

Cheers

Rchard