Post Likes

Mani B model discharge line sensor.

I heard you could fake out the board using a 20k ohm resistor in its place.
    Anybody done this and could you give details.
    Thanks

Post Likes
    Any resistance out of the range of a "trip" will fake the board to run when you have another problem.

I'm not sure if there is really a nuisance or
    nothing wrong trip for a #3 or #4 safety though.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes

Exclamation

Need to check not guess its easier than guessing and rigging too. But i had the same thing on a b model i had to replace the HPR valve... but you also need to check the TXV bulb. What is the discharge temp and HPR inlet valve temp 5 in freeze and the end?

Post Likes
    Well, 2 weeks ago i replaced the leaking LP switch. At that time i figured that was the cause of the 4 blink safety shut down. Recovered only 9lbs. Should have had 13lbs. But anways, i went back to the place Tuesday to work on a cooler and i check on the ice machine and its down again. Same 4 blink safety. Couldn't work on it. But i did fire it up and it ran for about 30 seconds and tripped again. I'm gonna head back there when i get a chance. First thing i'll do is check actual discharge temp and go from there. Before i found and repaired the leak. I never saw discharge temps exceed 250. It only tripped after i was gone and maybe 2 days later. I really thought the leak was the problem but now i guess it was not.
    Last edited by KB Cool; 07-24-2008 at 12:57 AM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kbghdg View Post
    First thing i'll do is check actual discharge temp and go from there. I never saw discharge temps exceed 250.
    Check resistance value of thermistor relative to thermistor temp.

You could be playing with fire jumping out a thermistor for a #4 on this old of a unit.

I have only done that for a #3
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”