Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lennox component ?'s

I have a question for you lennox guys. We are in the process of building a new construction home and want to make sure I get the right stuff the first time.

We are going with a

2.5 ton xp16 Heat pump upstairs with a g61V furnace

2.0 ton xp 16 HP downstairs with a G61V furnace. I will get specs on the BTU's

To maximize efficiency what other component do I need to specify. Do I need to ask about different coils?

Thank you for your advice.

Coils are needed to determine the actual ratings of the system. The XP16 is two stage--no half-ton sizes.

a honeywell iaq themostat

As stated ask for the honeywell IAQ thermostat. This will have enough stages to handle your equipment and can be set up for better humidity control. It can also control any other options you may want to add to the system.

Have you thought about filtering options? Any algeries or other health issues that would require bettering filtering?
    Its a good Life!

Ask for a Goodman
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    Ask for a Goodman
    You ask a Trane/Lennox/other big brand dealer that and I'd love to see their reaction.

XP16 units are nice. Has dealer offered the Pure Air whole house hepa?
    Best filter you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    You ask a Trane/Lennox/other big brand dealer that and I'd love to see their reaction.
    Hell I'd do it just to see their reaction

Might even videotape it too and put it on YouTube
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

"You want a... I'm sorry what did you say?"

"Dude!"

Nothing wrong with Goodman. But we all know how big brand dealers stay loyal to their brands.

ask for pricing on the G71 furnaces, the G61 is no longer signiture series and the warranty is not as good.

unless you have allergies that require it i would stay away from the pure air and go with the merv 10 or 16 media filter.

hey everyone says gooman is as good as everything else.........

if someone requests it i'll give it to them for the same price as my lennox.........

Hijacked already.

Well Im learning on the fly here. They specd out the house for a 2.5 ton xp16 The lennox rep said they made it but, checked the brochures and they do not list .5 ton sizes. So I guess well see what they want to do on that. They are throwing in 2 of the pure air filters.

They are using 2 Lennox 7000 thermastats. I will inquired about the IAQ I assume its a much better therm?.

I will look into the G71 but I think it really would be over kill since Im only using it as a back up.

As far as Coil sizes go is that something that would come with the furnace. Reason being I don't want to by the xp 16 and they put some crappy coil setup and now my efficiency is barely better than a 13 seer. So any info or things to read about maximizing efficiency would be appreciated.

coil is ordered seperately by the installing company. get the coil model #s to be able to check ari ratings. in each match up of hp and furnace there may be 5 or 6 different coils that could work with it. different efficiency ratings for each one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast