vacuum gauge [Fieldpiece]

ditched the supco and got the FP SVG2 and not impressed so far,maybe its broke but no numbers come up on the display-is this right?
    I know it has a high and low alarm,but that sucks-not gonna sit around and listen for alarms
    any info will help,or another brand for around 200 bucks [ babies need new shoes ]
    The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

we need a few more sheep dogs to keep barking at the wolves,and the stupid sheep

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I have these two like them both.
    This one is between one and two bens.I am going to get me some magnet strips to put on the back of it so I can get it off the ground where I can see it better.
    http://www.yellowjacket.com/HVACRPro...&l=2&c=16&p=55
    Just over two bens.I like this one the best because the probe cord is longer so the gauge can sit on the top of the unit.
    http://www.yellowjacket.com/HVACRPro...&l=2&c=16&p=10
    Look to the past to learn;look forward to live.

Coach Dean E. Smith

The SVG2 will not read until you get under 2000 microns. Of course the time it takes to get there depends on the size of the unit. Also sometimes the T-fitting on top gets screwed onto the SVG2 body too tight and this will make it not work. Try loosening it just slightly when you think it should be reading and it is not.

I had to buy that Fieldpiece model in a pinch once when my Robinair crapped out and it was all the distributer had, aside from Supco, which I hate; I like the Fieldpiece and now, it's definitely the one I reach for, even though I've since had the Robinair replaced. To each is own, but it's got plenty of use with me and I don't have a bad word to say about it. Recommended is my 2 cents.

thanks,I replaced the battery and cleaned sensor and it looks like its gonna be ok
    didn't need it today,but I have a compressor to replace tomorrow
    I'll check it out
    The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

we need a few more sheep dogs to keep barking at the wolves,and the stupid sheep

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.