training resources for new/inexperienced techs?

training resources for new/inexperienced techs?

ive taken on a job of replacing all the refrigeration equipment at a very large commercial facility. the business has a maintenance staff that the owners have given me to use for this job. the staff is made up of a wide range of experience, but none includes refrigeration. as such they will have very little to nothing to do with the sealed system, but i would like for them to at least understand defrost termination and defrost timers. i fear i dont make a very good teacher and would very much prefer an online source to at least explain the basics. any help in locating this would be appreciated.

have the guys use the swithes and turn a light bulb on and off with it, and show how it works, I had a hard time with that the first few I delt with, ijf they know how the circut work it might be easyr for those

i did just that (using a commercial alarm bell instead of a light bulb) for teaching time initiated defrost but its a little more difficult with defrost termination. instead of banging my head in frustration i would rather just say "go read this to get the basics and then we will discuss it".
    thanks,

I know,it is easy in our head to make it work

Quote Originally Posted by fishindad View Post
    it is easy in our head to make it work
    exactly! i know how it works but trying to explain it to someone that has never heard it before (at least on a level where they can understand it) is somewhat difficult for me. finding a source to explain it would make things so much easier.

Take a piece of plywood. Mount an 8145-00, two Acme 700 fan motor kits, a bohn three wire dt/fd, a light bulb.
    Wire it in away that the light bulb indicates defrost and one fan motor indicates refrigeration. Position Bohn dt/fd so the heat from the bulb will terminate the defrost, the second fan kit cools the fan delay until it makes contact and starts the motor used to simulate refrigeration.
    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.