water all around my furnace :(

Hi, I just went downstairs and my wife and I have water all around our furnace. We been running the AC a lot lately but not sure what happened it's only about 3 years old too. I would be interested if anyone has any input on this, thank you very much.

Lance

I'm certainly no pro, but when this happened to me, the condensate drain was clogged. I just put the shop vac on the end of it and it sucked out the clog and the rest of the water. Not sure if that is applicable in your situation. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by acobra289 View Post
    I'm certainly no pro, but when this happened to me, the condensate drain was clogged. I just put the shop vac on the end of it and it sucked out the clog and the rest of the water. Not sure if that is applicable in your situation. Good luck.
    ohhhhh okay hmmmm so you talking about the hose I have coming out of the unit? you try to clean the hose? or do I clean the part going into the ac unit? I'm sorry I don't know the technical names, I have a little 90 degree fitting coming out and my hose is attached to that.

acobra289 - I tried and used the shop vac sucking out the clog... nothing, the water is extremely clean and cold. Then I tried to blow the other way, trying to force it out the other way... nothing. any other suggestions? Please help.

Lance, I'm just a homeowner, so I don't want to give you any wrong advice. Hopefully a pro will chime in here soon.

My old condensate line was just a gravity feed pvc drain pipe that emptied outside the house. I was able to put the shop vac on the end of that. You may not have the same type drain system I had.

It sounds like a low refrigerant or airflow condition, need to have a tech look at it asap, to prevent any damage to the compressor.

water furncae

hey guys,
    what sort of furnace is this ? does it run on refrigerant, or is a gas burner type