Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cherokee180c View Post
    Thanks again for the great explanation, but I must admit I had to read the fan description several times to fully understand. It is great to know that using the A/C to dehumidify is not using much A/C when away and set to 85.

I purchased the stat on the recommendation of an HVAC acquiantance who installed it for me to solve the comfort problem I created after fixing some other heat loading issues on the upper floor and now being able to raise the setpoints up much higher. With the setpoint up to 75 my old stat did not run the A/C enough to keep the humidity down and it was not comfortable. Now I just moved the setpoint up to 78 and it is more comfortable in the house as the humidity is now 40%. I am really learning that humidity control is the name of the game for comfort, not really as much temperature.
    Is there a 'general consensus' to what the internal AC should be set to that would balance the temperature comfort with the humidity comfort?

I have my system set at 74 degrees, 3 CPH. It runs 9-10 mins on / 9-10 mins off once it gets warm outside. It could be 80 degrees or 100, that's what my system runs at. Keeps the downstairs at 74 and the upstairs anywhere from 74-74.8 degrees. I notice my humidity rarely drops below 55% upstairs.

Would it be somewhat less humid if I raised the temperature a degree? Or is this just a reality of my system being oversized (at least I think its oversized).

Could be an oversized issue. Or just not set up right. For blower speed, or the charge not quite right.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
    Is there a 'general consensus' to what the internal AC should be set to that would balance the temperature comfort with the humidity comfort?

I have my system set at 74 degrees, 3 CPH. It runs 9-10 mins on / 9-10 mins off once it gets warm outside. It could be 80 degrees or 100, that's what my system runs at. Keeps the downstairs at 74 and the upstairs anywhere from 74-74.8 degrees. I notice my humidity rarely drops below 55% upstairs.

Would it be somewhat less humid if I raised the temperature a degree? Or is this just a reality of my system being oversized (at least I think its oversized).
    >>I have my system set at 74 degrees, 3 CPH. It runs 9-10 mins on / 9-10 mins off once it gets warm outside. It could be 80 degrees or 100, that's what my system runs at.

Do I read that right? The time on and off is the same whether it is 80F outside or 100F?

Quote Originally Posted by cherokee180c View Post
    Thanks again for the great explanation, but I must admit I had to read the fan description several times to fully understand. It is great to know that using the A/C to dehumidify is not using much A/C when away and set to 85.

I purchased the stat on the recommendation of an HVAC acquiantance who installed it for me to solve the comfort problem I created after fixing some other heat loading issues on the upper floor and now being able to raise the setpoints up much higher. With the setpoint up to 75 my old stat did not run the A/C enough to keep the humidity down and it was not comfortable. Now I just moved the setpoint up to 78 and it is more comfortable in the house as the humidity is now 40%. I am really learning that humidity control is the name of the game for comfort, not really as much temperature.
    Any chace you system will generate temperature/%rh logs or graphs? Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12