How to obtain a true 13 seer rating when matching the system ?

Confused How to obtain a true 13 seer rating when matching the system ?

Just wanted to know if using a varible speed furnace or (MOD) will achive the 13 seer rating or any furnace without varible speed will work? This is of course if you match everything up (coil,condenser,furnace,duct,ect...).

Thanks!

Need to know furnace brand and model and ac brand and model. If you are connecting to old ac then probably not

The furnace and condenser is a brayant with a carrier coil which is a 2 1/2 ton unit. The furnace is also a brayant but its not a varible speed. just wanted to know if this makes a differents ?

need to know if it is new. If it is a new properly ARI rated system it will give 13 seer. It does not have to be variable speed

carrier owns bryant, It was bought out, Your coil is the same. It all mathches, your S.E.E.R is 13, if you bought a 13 seer coil ,and condencer coil, and your furnace fan speed is set for the right cfm's, your all good. It would take a while to explane how it all works but it sounds like your in the ball park... a varible speed fan will give your 13 seer equipment even more efficientcy by adjusting to your duct work if thier are flaws in it but if your duct work is done correctly you shuld be allright with out a varible speed fan

Thanks!! I have another question and its related to my first post the condenser unit I got was a 538A 410A unit that blows horizontal but draws air form the front to the back of the coils. The reason I ask because I'm doing a condo which in turn all the units have these old byrant condensers in the crawl space/attic. I took it out without getting the model # of it. Well I got the unit from RSC which is a Byrant/Carrier dealer come to find out the unit is way too big and it would not work anyway because all the hot air would be blowing back in to the space! Should I try to find a differnt brand to match my byrant unit (condenser) or does bryant make one smaller? Please HELP!!!!

if your in a condo the easy way to get m# is to knock on your neibors door and if its the same condo as yours and they have the same equipment there is your #.. it sounds like your trying to say the new equipment does not fit in the attic if this is the case remember that the new equipment shuld be 13 seer and this would make it bigger, you may have to go with another brand , I think you can fined a 13 seer [N] coil instead of a [A] coil they are smaller and still 13 seer,