Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by natepickle View Post
    Well unfortunatly we were sold and the company is trying to hold 70% margins therefore we are losing calls. I have been wanting to get into refrid side for a while. we have lost all of our wal marts due to the margins thus no refri. jobs
    Go to the contractor that now has the WM's?

I think WM's are a good place to learn because they constantly monitor, so you have to be tits on. They also have plenty of mutha ****in RTU's to keep you busy most of the time.

I have and they have to finalize the deal before they can give me a time I could come on.Also one of the guys that did wal mart for my company is in talks with the new contractor, so i am trying to set up other ways of getting into the refrig / rack sys. side of it. I want to be a well rounded tech, so my wallet can be WELL ROUNDED with cash. I have the chillers, etc experience now I want the refrigeration side.

Refrigeration Technicians and Installers do make good money, but not by more per hour than any real good HVAC Technician. It's due to the overtime. Refrigeration, especially larger refrigeration applications and systems, they have to run, all the time. And they break all the time. So your working ALL THE FUGGEN Time.

This trade has been good to me thus far. In every aspect. A guy can work for himself, work for a big or small shop, work as a stationary dude. I mean it's endless.

If your good and your a decent enough guy, you will be wanted by everyone.

How much does a good refrigeration tech make ? How much OT due they log?
    vs.
    HVAC service tech?

Quote Originally Posted by natepickle View Post
    How much does a good refrigeration tech make ? How much OT due they log?
    vs.
    HVAC service tech?
    How much does a good refrigeration tech make?

It depends on:
    • Where you live
    • The type of accounts/business the company you work for has
    • How good you are at what you do
    • What your attitude is like
    • How much you are willing to work

Quote Originally Posted by markettech View Post
    How much does a good refrigeration tech make?

It depends on:
    • Where you live
    • The type of accounts/business the company you work for has
    • How good you are at what you do
    • What your attitude is like
    • How much you are willing to work
    And how good looking you are. If your fat, you may have less work. But if your ugly you will have even less work. If your fat and ugly, don't even try.

Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    And how good looking you are. If your fat, you may have less work. But if your ugly you will have even less work. If your fat and ugly, don't even try.
    So......you must be gettin' what - 3 maybe 4 hours a week?

good refrigeration guys, there needed. There always in demand. It's never changed the whole time I have been in the business.

Quote Originally Posted by markettech View Post
    So......you must be gettin' what - 3 maybe 4 hours a week?

bout dat.

WTF are you doing in the dells. How does Lake Delton Look. My old man was going on and on about the other night on the phone? Doing Noah's Ark while in Town. I have not been there in friggen years. I think I am calling a vacation for next summer to the dells.

im a model, super tech with the brain of einstien. so how much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

lololololol

No really how much more do refr guys make than hvac. same years and talent?

bout dat.

WTF are you doing in the dells. How does Lake Delton Look. My old man was going on and on about the other night on the phone? Doing Noah's Ark while in Town. I have not been there in friggen years. I think I am calling a vacation for next summer to the dells.
    Taking our honeymoon...........with kids

Renee's folks gave us a week at their time share at Christmas Mountain back in 2000 as a wedding present.

Did Noah's Ark for 2 days, went to Ripley's yesterday, did Mt, Olympus today and the wife and kids are going again tomorrow (I gotta go back to stay on top of things).

Haven't been to Lake Delton but plan on checking it out yet this week.

We should get together next year down here.............it would be a helluva good time

I am fat (maybe ugly)and got all the OT i could handle when I was in the markets..........................and you must drink lots of coffee.

Dowadudda......been hittin the OT? I bet you have.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

No really how much more do refr guys make vs than hvac. same years and talent?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast