System comprises of a 4 ton infinity ( 07 model ) with 5 zones , 2 zone boards .
infinity t-stat will not manually lower temperature , replaced infinity controller , after the controller was replaced the stat will not recognize the outdoor unit ." disconected the zone board and the infinty will recognize the condensing unit , start adding zones 4 of the 5 zones work except 1 zone when this zone ( zone 2 ) is connected the infinty will not recognoze the condensing unit .
This is what we have Replaced ...........................
1) the " model plug / chip " at the condensing unit no change
2) the zone board no change
3) the low voltage wire feeding the sensor in question . no change
4) the low voltage wire to the condensing unit , no change
5) we swapped the offensive zone to the other board , no change
6) we disconected the zone damper , no change
7) we replaced the low voltage wire from the ifinity stat to the furnace no change
8) we checked all connections , and removed the in -line float switch , no change
9) we replaced the zone sensor 3 or 4 times even took a sensor that was working on another system and tried it .no change
10 ) we ran the system with 4 zones and while the system was running we connected the rogue zone at the zone board , as soon as that is done the stat shows #16 com failure ,
11) we changed the subase on the stat no change
12 ) we took the infinity stat from another system and swapped the stat no change
left system operational except for the # 2 zone !
please dont respond with parts changer jokes ! there is no other option with this system , most of the options listed where based on advice directly from Carrier .