Infinity System From Hell !

System comprises of a 4 ton infinity ( 07 model ) with 5 zones , 2 zone boards .
    infinity t-stat will not manually lower temperature , replaced infinity controller , after the controller was replaced the stat will not recognize the outdoor unit ." disconected the zone board and the infinty will recognize the condensing unit , start adding zones 4 of the 5 zones work except 1 zone when this zone ( zone 2 ) is connected the infinty will not recognoze the condensing unit .
    This is what we have Replaced ...........................
    1) the " model plug / chip " at the condensing unit no change
    2) the zone board no change
    3) the low voltage wire feeding the sensor in question . no change
    4) the low voltage wire to the condensing unit , no change
    5) we swapped the offensive zone to the other board , no change
    6) we disconected the zone damper , no change
    7) we replaced the low voltage wire from the ifinity stat to the furnace no change
    8) we checked all connections , and removed the in -line float switch , no change
    9) we replaced the zone sensor 3 or 4 times even took a sensor that was working on another system and tried it .no change
    10 ) we ran the system with 4 zones and while the system was running we connected the rogue zone at the zone board , as soon as that is done the stat shows #16 com failure ,
    11) we changed the subase on the stat no change
    12 ) we took the infinity stat from another system and swapped the stat no change
    left system operational except for the # 2 zone !
    please dont respond with parts changer jokes ! there is no other option with this system , most of the options listed where based on advice directly from Carrier .

Did you set the dip switches on the zone boards,and go back though the install so the controler could find every thing,some time you might have to go through the install 2 or 3 time for it to find every thing or enter it in your self.Are they smart sensor or room sensors.

Are there any wire nuts?
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

I read your post a few times, and I applogise if I missed it at this time of night, but is the zoning system also infinity model?
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

Assuming you are using the correct infinity stat, as there has been a new version, trying to remember but i think it is a dash 'A' stat. check with carrier helpline, as the older model will not recognize some newer condensing units. Now other question is , all this started with manually changing temperature? I assume you know how to enable and disable program mode in the infinity stat through the advanced menu. And that while program mode is enabled, the only "Manual" changes you can do are temporary and are timed at 2 hour intervals adjustable by 15 minute intervals. I hope you understand where i am going with this. There are also some tests you can run at the " A B C D" terminals for voltages to check that the wiring is ok, carrier helpline will also walk you through that.

The Infinity stat should be SYSTXCCUIZ01-B for zoning would you post the other model #s if they are still avl.
    Aint Notin Sweeter, Then A Brand New Heater!!!!!!!!!!

infinty gets worse

great advice about the program issues , i am thinking i have pilot error ( 2 infinity trained techs ) i just called both techs who state that they checked the settinggs first before changing the stat , assuming the stat program was the issue , why does the new stat not recognize the 5 th zone ?
    does anyone have the Carrier helpline # that was mentioned in the post .
    last night the system went EVIL on me , i disconected the rogue zone and it was running fine , suddenly all 4 zones shut down and 4 tons of air was blasting through the rogue zone !
    to give the client some air i took off the infinity zone stat , replaced it with a standard infinty stat and disconected the infinty zoning . left it running on hold temp at 74 degrees .

slim chance you might need the older stat? the -b might be too new? As for the carrier number I have it is a canadian number and you won't be able to contact it, they must have an american number down there. You can adjust programming mode by going through advanced menu, then setup, then thermostat, set program mode to off.