Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 15 of 15
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Guayaquil, EC
    Post Likes
    That first letter should be a "K".

    See attachment for the current R12 LT replacement.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Las Vegas NV
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nrowey View Post
    I just got the numbers BAL0100CAB001 top mount unit. looking to get replacement semi compressor.

    Thanks for Help

    The number you posted is a condensing unit model with the first character left off. It's either a CBAL-0100-CAB-001 or an EBAL-0100-CAB-001.

    They both came with a KAT2-0100-CAB compressor.

    Unit capacity: 4950 btuh @ -20 SST @ 90 ambient.

    The new number for the compressor is KATB-010A-CAV.

    The voltage code on the existing compressor "CAB" designates 230-1. The replacement voltage code "CAV" designates 208/230-1. You must also purchase new starting components if you change the compressor. Actually new start components should always be installed on a compressor changeout. In this case I believe the run cap is different.

    If you want to change out the condensing unit and stay with a low pressure gas, R12 or interim, I only find a Tecumseh welded unit available. The model is AHA2466AXDXC, 5200 btuh @ -20 SST @ 90 ambient.

    Or you could change to a high pressure gas unit, R404A, in which case there are several models available, depending if you want a semi or welded. The TEV would also need to be changed.
    Last edited by powell; 07-24-2008 at 09:03 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.