issues with airflow

This is one of our site we have a contract with for service. Our company didn't design this mess but I have to service it. They have 4 carrier slimline condenser and a huge air handler behind them with no room for servicing them and obvious air flow problems.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by flippurr; 07-21-2008 at 12:11 PM. Reason: forgot picture

I bet the installer got an "attaboy" cause they fit in there so neatly.

Quote Originally Posted by flippurr View Post
    This is one of our site we have a contract with for service. Our company didn't design this mess but I have to service it. They have 4 carrier slimline condenser and a huge air handler behind them with no room for servicing them and obvious air flow problems.
    why are you puttin that 22 in as a liquid
    how do you service this junk
    The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

we need a few more sheep dogs to keep barking at the wolves,and the stupid sheep

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Just leave the filter access door open on the AHU....tada condenser airflow problem solved!

Unit was so low on freon, I weighed in a new charge after fixing a leak. Trying to get as much in before I even bothered to start it up.

On top of it all, it takes 3 12x36x1 filters, try getting a couple of those on the fly!

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC2B View Post
    why are you puttin that 22 in as a liquid
    how do you service this junk
    Last edited by flippurr; 07-29-2008 at 11:06 AM. Reason: added more

Damn what a retarded set up.

As for charging the system. I ALWAYS charge liquid FROM my jugs. That way you get almost overy ounce out of the jug. If you weigh it out gas FROM the jug the pressure/temp will drop inside the jug and makes it hard to charge if the jug was almost empty.
    If you only crack your low side manifold it's not going to slug the compressor. It will flash most of it off by time it gets inside the compressor.
    True Heavy Metal Geek

That's a Cheech and Chong special if I ever saw one....

And ditto as for the liquid charging.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

nice setup! sorry you have to service that one man! as for the liquid charging, i agree with payson. unless youre trying to speed things up by charging vapor, theres nothing wrong with slowly adding liquid.

Quote Originally Posted by PaysonHVAC View Post
    Damn what a retarded set up.

As for charging the system. I ALWAYS charge liquid FROM my jugs. That way you get almost overy ounce out of the jug. If you weigh it out gas FROM the jug the pressure/temp will drop inside the jug and makes it hard to charge if the jug was almost empty.
    If you only crack your low side manifold it's not going to slug the compressor. It will flash most of it off by time it gets inside the compressor.
    I was JK about liquid hence the thats how I roll too

plus,the upside-down drum makes a nice seat

we need a few more sheep dogs to keep barking at the wolves,and the stupid sheep

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

tank for seat

While sitting on it is when I check how much freon I dropped in! I am still in disbelief that these systems took 221 lbs of R-22! LOL

I AM ONLY JOKING!

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC2B View Post
    I was JK about liquid hence the thats how I roll too

plus,the upside-down drum makes a nice seat

Quote Originally Posted by flippurr View Post
    While sitting on it is when I check how much freon I dropped in! I am still in disbelief that these systems took 221 lbs of R-22! LOL

I AM ONLY JOKING!
    LMAO

over charge

I know a guy who recovered 32lb of R22 from one sanyo circuit? He went out to put a TXV in that another tech diagnosed(it did not need the txv)