Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Looks good, must be a large house if you have two set up?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyValvecore View Post
    I don't see the tell-tale signs of pvc cleaner being used in your flue and condensate line connections. Its especially important to make sure you have used it on the flue pipe or the slightly acidic nature of the exhaust will lead to failure at the joints.
    You talking about purple primer? Some area don't requre to use the purple primer.. Around here we use clear, gives it a cleaner look.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohouse View Post
    how was the horizontal termination done? didn't see it in the photo...
    Ooops, forgot those, will post tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by mayguy View Post
    Looks good, must be a large house if you have two set up?

You talking about purple primer? Some area don't requre to use the purple primer.. Around here we use clear, gives it a cleaner look.
    Fairly large, about 3600sf not including finished attic (which has its own system.) All 9 foot ceilings, and LOTS of 100 year old windows. I had one installer that had a pocket PC version of some manual j calc program, and when he entered the windows in almost every room it complained something like "This is not a typical room design, are you sure you've entered the dimensions correctly?" lol. I know they leak like a sieve, but they are all original oak windows, with the leaded glass transoms, etc. I've tightened them up somewhat, but would never replace them because of the character. They do have storms.

You're right on the primer, the installer likes to "keep it neat." (No purple!)

post a picture of the control wiring in the air handler and condenser and t-stat

then we will see if they hooked it up correctly

the 16I is wired different from all other air conditioners, due to the compressor staging percentage!

Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    post a picture of the control wiring in the air handler and condenser and t-stat

then we will see if they hooked it up correctly

the 16I is wired different from all other air conditioners, due to the compressor staging percentage!
    I'm pretty sure it's good...I've compared the thermostat and furnace wiring to the XL16i diagrams and they match, and they did indeed cut the BK jumper on the furnace. I haven't actually checked the compressor wiring, mostly because I'm too lazy to take the cover off. But I've checked amp draw on the outdoor units, and I can clearly see them changing stages based on thermostat call. (I'm seeing 6-7 amps during operation, then if I drop the thermostat down to like 60, I see the amp draw jump up to 10-11.)

I know the installer had conferred with their Trane distributor on how to do this (one of the reasons I chose them) and was provided explicit instructions & a wiring diagram utilizing my equip & the IAQ. I did see them test both heating and cooling, and check stages using a meter, before they left the install. I did lots and lots of reading on here before my install, and was actually just assuming it would be wired incorrectly, lol. Imagine my surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by skunkiechris View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's good
    cool as long as your pretty sure, that works for mel

Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    cool as long as your pretty sure, that works for mel
    LOL...well I'm not an HVAC tech, so I'm never positive of anything! But based on operation and what I've tested, everything seems to check out. I'll post wiring pics tonight.

Furnace intake/exhaust...
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Wiring

Wiring: IAQ #1, Unit #1, IAQ #2, Unit #2.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

The unit wiring pics are a bit blured.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Yeah, it was surprisingly hard to get a good shot that close lol. I figured I'd throw 'em up anyway and see what was said. I'll have to find a flashlight to light it up better and try again later.

Quote Originally Posted by skunkiechris View Post
    Yeah, it was surprisingly hard to get a good shot that close lol. I figured I'd throw 'em up anyway and see what was said. I'll have to find a flashlight to light it up better and try again later.
    Does your digital camera have a macro option for up close shots? That may help.

Only thing I question is the hook up of the humidifier to the board.

I see a set of wire going to HUM1 and HUM2, where are they getting power from for the humidifier itself?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast