does this sound like a good idea

does this sound like a good idea

HO has 2 systems.1rst.flr unit is shot. she wants to put 2nd flr condenser on the first flr coil.2nd flr is 2.5 ton cooling.1rst flr.has 2 ton coil.Both york systems.willthis cause alot of headaches?

Talk about being cheap on her part. No warranty or better yet don't even agree to do it

That's one of the dumbest ideas I've heard yet.

And what about upstairs? Not worth the trouble. Might lose some capacity with the smaller coil.

Quote Originally Posted by liamleee View Post
    HO has 2 systems.1rst.flr unit is shot. she wants to put 2nd flr condenser on the first flr coil.2nd flr is 2.5 ton cooling.1rst flr.has 2 ton coil.Both york systems.willthis cause alot of headaches?
    sounds like things are being done bass ackwards!

Frown wow

Thats weired the first floor is smaller than the second...its just putting a bandaid on a burn...it will run high superheat and starve the compressor if u understand superheat?

I agree.she is trying to do it on the cheap.upstairs is vacant .Either way she needs a new system.I'm going to pass on this one.Thanx.

Not a betting man

The HO will find some one to accommodate her wishes............and the problem becomes someone else's headache.
    Matt 7:12 The Golden Rule
    "Do for others what you would like them to do for you. This summary of all is taught in the law and the prophets.