Infinity Air Purifier-worth the $$$?

Let me preface this question: Our old A/C system (air handler is 17 years old)has numerous leaks and is full of mold and other nasty things growing inside. The contractor that I believe will do the best job for me, is planning on replacing the old system (including the duct work) with a 3 ton Carrier comfort series matched with a VS air handler.

The quote I have for the work includes one price with the Infinity Air Purifier and one without. Now my wife does have allergies, but they are not that severe. We are on a very tight budget, so the question is: If we are replacing everything, including the duct work, is it really worth the extra $$$ to have the air purifier installed? How much of a pain is it to install later if we were to wait 6 months and see how her allergies were then? What are your thoughts about this air purifier: nice but not necessary? Or absolutely necessary in a hot and humid climate?

With indoor air quality being so much worse than outdoor air, I recommend doing what you can to take care of your wife's allergies. It is often difficult to change a filter once a new one is already installed.

Would you mind describing your wife's allergic reactions?
    White Bear Township, Minnesota
    www.summitheating.com

I put one in my home and we did not really have any issues other then dust which the thing removes a ton. We have a dinning room table that with the Honeywell EAC would get dusty almost weekly. Now it is monthly.
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

It would also prevent you having to fight the same battle down the road with dirt, dust, and mold.

BTC
    It is unlikely that the Infinity Air Purifier by itself will relieve your wife's allergies. Put your money into buying the most efficient AC unit and save as much as you can on electricity. Have your contractor install a 4" filter rack and use a MERV 11 media filter. You will capture about the same amount of airborne allergens at 1/100th the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by heatpumpguru View Post
    I put one in my home and we did not really have any issues other then dust which the thing removes a ton. We have a dinning room table that with the Honeywell EAC would get dusty almost weekly. Now it is monthly.
    Hey Heat Pump Guru , I work for a pretty decent outfit in Bucks County , and I want to Thank you for 2 leads you sent our way , I am just starting to get on this site and am enjoying your posts, I hope to repay the favor once I get up and running

Thanks again

Tell Dave Hello!!from John Cameron Jr
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

Indoor Air Quality is almost a "must" these days. I would go with it now if at all possible. You will save a good bit in labor since they will have everything tore out already. If you choose to go with a "non" electronic filtration device. Then go with about the only good thing lennox has to offer. The HC 16.