options for changing out an electric water heater to gas with no chimney

IF we wanted to chg our water heater to NG and we dnt have a chimney would we use a power vent model ?? What is the avg cost of a 40 gallon model ( 2 of us in house )

Also is the only veny a PVC going outside ?? Would this have a condensate drain like our furnace ??

Would the vent have to be tipped back toward the unit ??

We can't help you with the DIY installation instructions. But yes, there are both power vented and direct vented gas water heaters, neither of which requires a chimney.

Pricing is not allowed on the site.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

not going to di myself just curious as I know the pvc to a hi eff furnace has to tip back toward the furnace because of moisture, is the water heater the same ??

I have an elect 80 gallon wh now on a night meter and with range,wh,dryer, and central ac my bill runs about 80.00 per month.

My neighbor has alll the same except a ng wh and his bill is higher ??

Wonder if I should just keep the elec wh

cvcman, I'll try to answer a few of your questions;

The venting on your new hwh will be determined by its location, and efficiency.

Some models use a pvc flue while others use b-vent.

Power ventilators are required in many situations so I would talk to your plumber and see what is correct for your install.

If electricity is cheaper than natural gas in your area, and you already have an elec hwh, then I would recommend staying with what you currently have, unless you have a clear reason for switching.

ok, is there power vent models that vent with PVC ? If so are these like the furnace that they create moisture and need a condensate drain ??

I was thinking of changing I guess just for oh well I really dont know why Lol