Refco digital manifold

I just purchased on Friday and tried it out. It is OK. Does not have 2 temp port or a clamp just a strap on sensor. But I am happy with it and will keep posting as I use more. 250$

I like dewalt. comes with mini led light too. freakin thing unbombable!
    Sink or Swim!
    A Man has to know his limitations..
    To be old and wise, one must be young and dumb..

Quote Originally Posted by yorkdude View Post
    I like dewalt. comes with mini led light too. freakin thing unbombable!
    This relates to the OP how?
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Does your Refco manifold have the built in vac guage? If so...have you tried it out yet? I'm thinking of getting a set myself.

I know Im beating a dead horse..but they are flat out junk!!! I hope in your case Im wrong....but next month lets see what you post about them.

I had to raise major heck to get refco to honer their warrenty....

as for the vacume gauge...compare it too a stand alone one....then convert the Kmicrons to real microns and see how it matches up...

BTW Did they update their manual on it yet or does it still list only the telaphone number to sweden for customer support?
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

i badgerd my rep long enough that he got me a set for his cost. sometimes i wish he had paid for them. My Vac guage reads between 500 and 750 microns even when its open to atmosphere. I give them a 5/10 rating. And yes....they seriously need a temp clamp and not the piece of s@$% probe

I will admit price is what got me to pick a set up...Im new to the trade and Florida pays soo low its sad.....in my Case I got super lucky..Doug Lockhart who makes digi-cools traded me a set of Digi cools for the POS refcos...like tradeing my wife for a hooters girl

The refcos..and junk like them too me is what keeps us useing the same design of gauges our great grand fathers use....techs who want the best..try the digitals...POS like the digimons ...ends up being a waste of $$...so when digitals becoem standard...the now old timer tech who got burned by the POS digitals...ends up resiting progress....
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

How accurate are these things at calculating superheat and subcooling?

that part is pretty good if you can get the probe put in place and well wrapped. But then again its just simple math.

I use the YJ version of Doug's DSRA. It works GREAT! It comes on a 4 valve Titan manifold with a set (4 hose set) of YJ premium hoses (some folks think there are better hoses out there).

After I did my research, I realized that one gets what they pay for... so I just bit the bullet and bought a good one. I have never regretted it.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Has anybody messed with that Mastercool digi yet? I know that Mastercool is usually junkulicious, but whoever designed it, at least from a functional standpoint, did a pretty good job.

I see it has dual temp inputs and it looks like it'll do SH and SC at the same time, and the vac sensor is a separate wired probe and the readout is in microns on a separate part of the screen. (The vac probe looks like the one my YJ uses, 69075 or whatever it is.)

I'd like to see Doug stuff all those functions into one of his DRSA's. With the known durability of his set, and the function package like that MC digi has, that would be an awesome freakin manifold.