Farthest room (mine) from A/C unit not cooling well

This has been an issue since I purchase the house however I have never really addressed it. Unfortunately it cost me last month. I've always had to lower my thermostat to cool this room. My room is noticeable warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer than the entire house. The side closest to the unit at times doesn't even need to be cooled because it is so much cooler than my room. I've been trying to educate myself online however I don't know where to start. I (believe) I understand somewhat that the room needs to circulate air (in and out) well. The room has 2 vents however I'm not sure if enough air is getting into the room. Aren't there dampers that control the amount of air going to the rooms? If so where do I locate them. I'm assuming that the rooms that are cooler could stand to have less air going to them. I have all the vents open in my home except our laundry room. Any more info needed I will be happy to supply.

I'm not sure if this matters but the previous owners built an above the garage room in the home. One of the walls of the above garage room I believe is above my bathroom.

remember this is not a do it yourself website. We are all making a living doing this. I would suggest calling a contractor and having them do a comfort balance. This would balance the airflow proportionally to where it needs to go. And no balance admpers are not always installed.

The room needs more air, as stated, find a company that can balance your system, most new construction companies just put them in and walk away.

What should I expect to pay to have the system balanced?

It varies from state to state.

Residential HVAC Questions and discussions pertaining to HVAC for the home. No pricing, no DIY, please read Site Rules Register
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    Sorry.

I'll give a contractor a call and get some quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    From contractor to contractor.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?