Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

He oiled the motor

to get it going again? Oh, boy. It'll break down again soon. Oh, well, I guess that's what ya get when you hire a jackleg to do "side work" or "moonlight", lol.
    WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by adrianf View Post
    That's called cheating. They should both lose their jobs.
    No joke. If they had worked for me I would've fired both of them for moonlighting.
    WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Friedman View Post
    Metal:

No offense taken, but to clarify, my "side work guy" truly IS a highly qualified tech who, in fact, works for a major regional HVAC company, but he is a bit better versed in commercial and as an older guy seems to like hardpiping ducts as much as anything else (he was actually in charge of the company fab shop till it was phased out). So although he can do all kinds of repairs, including on residential, he prefers nice, clean installs. He's been a wonderful friend and has saved me many thousands of bucks, but he's not cocky and doesn't hesitate to make inquiries at the supply house or consult other techs at his company. So understand that this fellow is not a jackleg.

In the same way, the fellow who got my condenser running again a few hours ago (a different guy, as my usual guy was putting kitchen in his daughter's house today) was ALSO doing "side work" but he too has a dayjob in HVAC (running HVAC crews made up of convicts at a nearby prison!?!?!?!?). So when I use a guy doing "side work" I mean I'm using one of the guys who already work in the trade, but without having to pay for company owners, front office girls, etc.

Still, I competely understand the point you make, and I agree with it.

Thanks for taking the time to repond.

Jack

He works in the trade, but your state or municipality may require licensing by the company as a minimum, and if he does not have a license is in violation. In the State of Iowa all hvac/r will be required to be licensed as of July 1, 2009. There will be three levels of licensing: apprentices, journeymen, and masters. Other items such as pulling required permits and insurance may not being observed.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

I wish Missouri would require licenses!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12