Thread: Keeping Up

Keeping Up

Had A 2.5 Ton Condenser Installed With A 2 Ton Air Handler Cooled Great But The Condenser Finally Went 18 Years Old Got It Off A Job I Did. Put In A 2 Ton 13 Seer But Now System Has Trouble Keeping Or I Should Say It Is Dehumidtify Great But Room Temp Wonted Go Below 76 On A 95 Degree Day.the Old Condenser Use To Get It Down To 73 On A 95 Degree Day.the Only Thing I Did Diff Was The Unit Did Not Get Turned On Till 2 Because I Was Installing It Maybe Not Enough Catch Up Time Turning It On Late. I Would Think You Can Only Fill A 2 Ton Coil With So Much Refridgeant So 2.5 Tons Was A Waste I An Sure The2.5 Saw Some Floodback To The Compressor . By The Way Air Handler Is 2 Years Old 10 Seer With A .060 Piston The New Condenser Called For A Txv Or An 060 Piston

Reading that gives headaches

Quote Originally Posted by GREATONE View Post
    Had A 2.5 Ton Condenser Installed With A 2 Ton Air Handler Cooled Great But The Condenser Finally Went 18 Years Old Got It Off A Job I Did. Put In A 2 Ton 13 Seer But Now System Has Trouble Keeping Or I Should Say It Is Dehumidtify Great But Room Temp Wonted Go Below 76 On A 95 Degree Day.the Old Condenser Use To Get It Down To 73 On A 95 Degree Day.the Only Thing I Did Diff Was The Unit Did Not Get Turned On Till 2 Because I Was Installing It Maybe Not Enough Catch Up Time Turning It On Late. I Would Think You Can Only Fill A 2 Ton Coil With So Much Refridgeant So 2.5 Tons Was A Waste I An Sure The2.5 Saw Some Floodback To The Compressor . By The Way Air Handler Is 2 Years Old 10 Seer With A .060 Piston The New Condenser Called For A Txv Or An 060 Piston
    please capitalize only at the beginning of sentences or proper names. Turn in your homework, we're taking a grade on it. Test Tue.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATONE View Post
    I Would Think You Can Only Fill A 2 Ton Coil With So Much Refridgeant
    Don't give away all or secrets

Next thing you know everbody will be doing it

Your capacity is gone. 13 seer condenser with a 10 seer coil, is not only lost efficiency (which from what I have read here 13+10= 8 seer) But your capacity falls.

You need a matched system bud. get a new evaporator coil to match with your condenser.

would a txv help out a little

It will help protect the compressor.
    But it won't help to make your house any cooler.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?