Inifinity 96 Control Board & Tstat replaced, now a question

I had an Inifinity 96 furnace and stat installed about a 18 months ago. Last week the furnace died and apparently both the tstat and the control board failed. My installer replaced both and left me to re-program the stat (schedule and also options related to the humidifier).

I noticed that the tstat is reporting the furnace as '75 KBTU out' (I'm pretty sure it's a 80KBTU furnace) and also is not reporting the model/serial # in the service menu. Is it possible something was missed when the board was swapped? I remember reading there was a personality plug on the board that had the system information on it. Was that missed?

Thanks!

Yes that is a communicating furnace, there is a chip that plugs into the board that has info about that system including your serial # on it, the chip should be transfered to new board, Contact them immediately.

Thanks! I'll give the tech a call...

-j

Quote Originally Posted by aintitfun View Post
    Yes that is a communicating furnace, there is a chip that plugs into the board that has info about that system including your serial # on it, the chip should be transfered to new board, Contact them immediately.
    The 'chip' is called a model plug and it contains no serial information. I can build the model plug with components from Radio Shack.

The model and serial numbers are burned to the EEPROM on the factory control board. It is not possible to transfer that information in the field.

If the UI is reporting 75K out, then the model plug is installed.

75/80 = 93.75% which is about right for an 18-month old Carrier Infinity 96.

No need to call the tech.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

jrbenny is 100% correct you will not see m&s #on stat again if board was replaced you should be ok just reprogram your settings

My Bad

Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    The 'chip' is called a model plug and it contains no serial information. I can build the model plug with components from Radio Shack.

The model and serial numbers are burned to the EEPROM on the factory control board. It is not possible to transfer that information in the field.

If the UI is reporting 75K out, then the model plug is installed.

75/80 = 93.75% which is about right for an 18-month old Carrier Infinity 96.

No need to call the tech.
    OOops MY bad, the trane communicating furnaces require you to do as I said. Apparently this system is different. Sorry Mr or MRS. homeowner, didnt mean to scare you, pretty sure these guys know what they are talking about.